Black BMW X5 - Garethj
Without turning into a BMW-bashing thread, has anybody ever seen a BMW X5 which isn't black? There are quite a few X5s around my office in South Kensington, and they're to be seen all over the country but has anyone ever seen one in a different colour?

I've even seen non-red Ferraris but a non-black X5 still escapes me. Can anybody out there tell me for sure they come in other colours?
Black BMW X5 - Stargazer {P}
Several Silver ones around North Oxford
Black BMW X5 - blue_haddock
there are a few silver one here in the midlands, thanks to Mr Plod i've even seen a white one!
Black BMW X5 - Quinny100
There isn't all that many black ones around here.

They seem to be mainly light blue - I think BMW call it Le Mans Blue? Its very similar to Ford Metropolis Blue. Silver is also popular.
Black BMW X5 - daveyjp
Read this just before I left the office and saw 2 silver ones on the way home!
Black BMW X5 - patently
An X5 that isn't black.... Hmmm.. try outside our house?

The light blue is Estoril Blue - an option only on the top-spec 4.8is and the 4.6is before it. On "ordinary" X5s Estoril Blue is silly money so most blues ones are the darker version , was Topaz Blue but now called something else and ever-so-slightly darker.
Black BMW X5 - derek
go to wilmslow i think they must be made up there
silver black light blue goldy coloured
never seen a white one
also there a loads of cayenne
Black BMW X5 - Canon Fodder

Sorry to dredge up this old thread, but I saw 7 X5's this lunchtime here in the W1 - all black - it must be a London thing.

They were shod with a wide variety of Carlos Fandango 'Bling' alloys and the 4 that were moving were all driven by ladies of a certain age.

I don't know why but I've come to hate the X5, it really is the most vulgar vehicle on the road, who's only saving grace is that being a fully paid up member of the SUV/4x4 club it gets right up Ken Livinstone's nose, and as Sherrol Crow nearly said 'if it makes him unhappy it can't be all bad'

CF

Black BMW X5 - Altea Ego
I find them amusing. It started when I followed one up the A1. As it was overtaking a lorry the entire rear bumper fell off into the path of the lorry where it disintigrated into a pile of shards.

I can never see one now without picturing that rather unattractive bare botty.
Black BMW X5 - somebody
I was behind one the other day. I'm about as far from being a tree hugging lib/soc as you can get, but I hate them. I think it's because I read somewhere that the air intake is set so low on the petrol models (to improve fuel economy) that you can hardly drive through a puddle in one.
Black BMW X5 - Garethj
So black X5s must be just a London thing, I agree.

Are all 4x4 threads on the backroom going to contain "I hate 4x4s" comments, or is that just a London thing too?

Even here in Chelsea you can differentiate between the rich and richer X5 drivers, the richer ones have the big petrol engine versions are fill the tanks at 95p a litre!

The Porsche 4x4 seems to be popular too, I guess that's what people trade up to from the X5 in these parts.
Black BMW X5 - CM
Gareth,

need to come to Fulham direction and there are plenty of blue and silver ones.
Black BMW X5 - Imagos
Ones with the number plate X5 *** make me cringe.

Pure vanity.