W Reg Corsa Accelerator Pedal - holly1
To cut a long story short I am waiting to take my new car back to the large dealership I bought it from because they never did the service etc. they promised before I collected it.

One thing which is puzzling me is the accelerator and I hope someone here can give me some suggestions so I have something to go on when I return it.

Firstly, there appears to be a good inch of travel in the accelerator pedal before it engages - this has taken me some time to get used to and even now I have a habit of stalling at slow speed. Not experienced this with any other Corsa in the past so wonder if there is in fact a fault here.

Secondly, whilst driving you feel vibrations through the pedal. Its like you can feel every single bump in the road - again something I have never experienced with any other car including a Corsa.

Any suggestions
W Reg Corsa Accelerator Pedal - bartycrouch
I am pretty sure that the Corsa started using a non-mechnical linkage, even on the "old model". This electronic throttle seems to have a lot of movement. A colleage of mine learnt to drive recently and after he passed his test he found his wife's W reg Corsa a bit of a challenge.

Thanks, at least I know its not just me. Funny really because I am getting quite used to it now - but put me back in my good old M reg which I drove for 6 years and its like learning to drive again.
W Reg Corsa Accelerator Pedal - John S
Hm, I'm not sure this is a characteristic of 'fly-by-wire' throttles. My Astra has this and there's no excessive free movement.

JS
W Reg Corsa Accelerator Pedal - Victorbox
Agree. Our Corsa has no excessive throttle free play. I jump between about three different makes of car and don't notice any difference between them.
Well confused now. Garage I bought it from was a Ford dealer and to be honest I don't think they know much about Vauxhall cars - I had to tell them the service intervals for a cambelt. They have checked it and say there is not a problem .... Im starting to think its just me .... its just so different to the M reg I have driven for years and the brand new one I drove on my hols.

Don't know whether to act stupid and take it to a Vauxhall dealer and get them to drive it and see if they (being experienced in Vauxhall cars) can notice a difference. If they notice a difference and can suggest what the fault may be (if any) I can then go and tell the Ford dealer.
W Reg Corsa Accelerator Pedal - John S
daisy

Get down to a Vx dealer. They will know what to expect. I can't quite tell if the Ford garage have also 'inspected' the cambelt. Be very careful about cambelt inspections. You cannot tell what state the belt is in from visual inspection. The failure is typically of the internal cords which take the load and the belt will look absolutely fine externally until very shortly before it fails. I don't believe the throttle should have that free play and I'm sure it's correctable - I've never driven a Vauxhall like that.

JS
W Reg Corsa Accelerator Pedal - bartycrouch
I didn't say it was the part of any well-designed throttle and the current Corsa has no real problems that I noticed, but it does seem to be more than a one-off for late first model Corsas. You learn to drive around it, but it's not great.