Idle Control Valve - (Cavalier Ecotec) - Jono_99
Apologies if this has been done before - have 'Forum Searched' without success.

Clear that my Cavalier (2.0 Ecotec) has problems with the idle control valve - last few weeks the car has stalled or 'surged' at idle on a number of occasions. Looked at Haynes, but no guidance as to where this item is for cleaning!

Spent yesterday cleaning all the historical places which have needed cleaning around the throttle body, but not sure if I have inadvertently cleaned it or not.

Thanks in advance

Jono
Idle Control Valve - (Cavalier Ecotec) - Dynamic Dave
Jono,

Hopefully these sites will help you.

snipurl.com/9cg3

www.vectra-sport.com/ Goto the \"How To\" section. Or if you prefer a direct link:-
gentoo.viaraix.net/vs/showthread.php?s=db32f6bb247...5

It\'s worth noting that some of the pictures are missing from the vectra-sport site, but hopefully the data there will help you.

Idle Control Valve - (Cavalier Ecotec) - John S
In my experience, don't be entirely surprised if cleaning it doesn't work, and it needs replacing.

JS
Idle Control Valve - (Cavalier Ecotec) - greaser pv
On the other hand in my ex. cleaning the valve on a vetra made all the difference and save the lady approx. £200 as quoted by her main agent .
Idle Control Valve - (Cavalier Ecotec) - Huw
My Vectra has the same problem. My local main dealer [Cirencester]says they will give it a clean for 1/2 hour labour. They seem quite optimistic that it will do the trick.
Idle Control Valve - (Cavalier Ecotec) - Andy P
Had that problem on my last Cavalier (SRi 16V)- the dealer cleaned the valve twice, but admitted that they couldn't clean it properly. Eventually needed a new valve and an oil scavenger fitted to the crankcase breather hose to stop the oil contamination that caused the problem in the first place.

Andy
Idle Control Valve - (Cavalier Ecotec) - Jono_99
Thanks one and all - will have a go this weekend. General clean up of throttle body improved things for this mornings 110 mile run, but will have a specific go.

Jono
Idle Control Valve - (Cavalier Ecotec) - the conductor
idle vales around £60 from autovaux. and its a genunine part just gm part no removed