Removal of Ford 5000 EON Radio/cassette - OrtonMark
Hi,

I've just bought a six year old Mondeo with a 5000 EON Radio/Cassette and I want to replace it with either a 6000 EON single slot CD/Radio or the 6006 EON 6-CD/Radio. I can't figure how to remove it. Do you need special tools?

Thanks.

Mark
Removal of Ford 5000 EON Radio/cassette - henry k
Ideally yes the special tool.
But they are not expensive IIRC £3 ish. They should be easily available.
They are two U shaped pieces of thin rod with pointed ends a notch near the end.
You will see a pair of small holes in the front of the unit at each side. Pop one of the extractors in each side, lean them sideways a little to unlock the catches and then just pull the unit out.
Thanks Henry that's great. Do you know where I could buy these?

Thanks again,

Mark
Removal of Ford 5000 EON Radio/cassette - henry k
They should be available in every motor factors, Halfords etc.

A picture and a price. Pheeew I was close to price.

tinyurl.com/4wpo3
Removal of Ford 5000 EON Radio/cassette - SjB {P}
A few years back, I needed to take my then Vectra head unit out to wire up a power amp, and couldn't find one of these tools for love or money even though I know my local motor factors, and Halfords, usually stocks them.

I ended up sucessfully using four allen keys that were a snug fit. Worked a treat. Pushed until resistance felt, then pushed a little more until the spring catch was felt to be displaced.
Thanks for your advice I may have go with this before I buy the proper tools although I don't want to damage anything!
Removal of Ford 5000 EON Radio/cassette - jc
Four pieces of a thin coat-hanger.
Thanks Henry that's great I am indebted to you!

Many thanks again,

Mark
Removal of Ford 5000 EON Radio/cassette - Civic8
As JC though bend two pieces in right places ie one for each side. leaves a point to pull on.Four pieces is more difficult.should leave you with 2x U shape tools.To keep in toolbox
--
Was mech1