Cheapest new car in Britain? - Tom Shaw
Seen on display outside Safeways in Haverfordwest, Pembs to-day. Brand new Suzuki (I think it's the Alto, didn't have time for a close look) with decals all over it advertising an on the road price of £4444 from a local dealer. Three year / 60k warranty included, so I don't think it was an import.

Puts it firmly in the old Yugo / Lada price bracket. Anyone know of anything cheaper?
Re: Cheapest new car in Britain? - ladas are cool
my local dealer has a perodua nippa on display, its brand new, £3995 on the road. the problem with the suzuki alto is that some dealers sell them cheap only in one colour - yellow, obviously cheap to get rid.
Re: Cheapest new car in Britain? - Tom Shaw
The car on display was black - looked awful. Don't keep knocking yellow, I have a Lupo on order that colour.
the lupo looks nice in yellow, but the horrible looking alto looks yukky in any colour.
Cheapest new car in Britain? - David Lacey
Here Here Tom - yellow cars are cool!

David
i am not saying that yeellow cars are horrible, its just that some cars in yellow ARE horrible, like the daihatsu sirion, its got the tacky chrome which doesnt go with the yellow. but i like the lupo in yellow, because it looks right.
Re: Cheapest new car in Britain? - Peter M.
Also one of the safest/highest visibility colours for cars..I had a Renault 12 Est. in yellow,- repainted the bonnet and tailgate with Woolworths Daffodil Yellow gloss, absolutely exact colour match!
(Sigh..wish they still made Renault 4's-my favourite car of any I've owned.)

P.
Re: Cheapest new car in Britain? - Andrew Tarr
Best Maxi I had was an 80V in buttercup, black velour interior.
renault 4. - ladas are cool
if you go into fsauctions.co.uk someone is selling his 34,000 mile renault 4, i was thinking about buying it, but i havent got the room.
Re: renault 4. - Crystal
Come over to mine

I''l make room for you

xxxxx

Crystal
Re: renault 4. - ladas are cool
bog off lass, i am not interested. and thats final.
Re: renault 4. - Moosh
Is Crystal a lass or a lad ?
Re: renault 4. - ladas are cool
well i know that i would be worrying if my name was crystal.
Re: Cheapest new car in Britain? - Paul
The Volvo 850 T5 looks brill in yellow - if only I could afford the insurance, I'd have one.