saxo immobiliser - hogan1
To start my car i usually put the key in, enter a code then a green light flashes on the display and that means i can start the ignition. But the green light is automatically on when i put the key in the ignition initially. Basically it starts without entering the code. No code needed.

Citroen Saxo 1.1 sx 1997 r -reg immobiliser in console.

Please advise.

Thanks. E.
saxo immobiliser - LeePower
Hi

Check the switch that works the courtesy light in the drivers A piller is working ok.

thanks,it wasnt but ive fixed it now and the interior light is working ok. but you can still start the car without entering the pin on the keypad?
I know there is a diode in the circuit for the keypad where its connected to the drivers door switch.
This is so it knows the ignition has been switched off & the driver has left the car, so the imobiliser arms itself.

It sounds like a faulty wire somewhere & getting the info on this system is very difficult.

Do you have remote locking? If you do, has somebody set the keyfobs up to unlock the keypad?
The car does not have remote locking, I have had probs with the inside light before though do you think it is it worth resetting the code etc? Or if not is it a big job to fix?
Hi

Turn the ignition on, green light on, Enter your 4 digit code, After the 4 beeps & 4 flashes from the green light enter C 0 C on the keypad.

Then turn the ignition off, get out shut the door & wait a minute.

Get back in & see if the keypad is behaving itself now.

Its most likely a dirty electrical connection somewhere, But getting hold of the wiring info for the keypad is very difficult im afraid.