Any car/Daewoo Matiz window seals - StephenC
In all cars I have owned so far, the window seals acted as a "squeegy" when you wind down the window. So, if it was covered in raindrops and you wound it down and up again, the water was either removed or smeared out. The same applies to my 2001 Matiz and the rear windows of my 2004 Matiz.

However, the front windows of the new Matiz are electric and can lower completely inside the door and come up again with the water intact all over. Is this normal for electric windows? Everthing else on the car is immaculately put together so I am reluctant to decide it is a fault.

Daewoo told me to ask my dealer; the dealer said it is ok and that water is meant to go inside the door and out through the drain holes at the bottom. It sounds rather dubious to me. Any comments?
Any car/Daewoo Matiz window seals - daveyK_UK
dealer used a very poor excuse.

same happens on all my cars - havent noticed any door rust so dont worry about it.
Any car/Daewoo Matiz window seals - Civic8
Dealer was right.there arent any cars that water wont get into doors. hence drain holes in door.

If your car has a curved window. runners are also curved. what happens is. when window is opened the runner detracts window from bottom seal.so it misses the seal. which accounts for your problem. yours isnt the only one that works this way.Many do.
Easy way out is to wipe window before you get in the car.
--
Was mech1
Any car/Daewoo Matiz window seals - StephenC
Thanks - you are right. But the dealer is wrong in that he said that there was meant to be a gap, and that when I was washing the car the water would go in. Actually, when window is FULLY closed there is no gap, and it is watertight. As the first 1mm of downwards travel happens, the pane is pulled in about 2mm and the gap appears. Presumably this is to reduce friction for the electric motors, as the manual windows don't do this. It is very difficult to test, since you need a hand inside the car on the window control and your eyes on the outside of the car window - but as the window is wound back into place its last action is to pop out slightly and you can see the seal squashing against the glass. Dealer was obviously not aware of this. Should have known better than to doubt the build quality of this car which is 100% perfect - full marks to Daewoo!