Removal of water from CVH Block? - Steveo4869
I have recently rebuilt my CVH head and am now in the position of of putting it back on the block. However when I originally removed it I didn't wait long enough for all the coolant to drain before complete removal (I know please no comments!) and now therefore have some coolant/water in the block.

There was some water in the one of the cylinders but I have removed this, what I am most concerned about is when you peer down the oil passages (I have drained the oil), in the block, water ,and a considerable amount at that, is evident.

My query is this: Is it really much of a problem or will it evapotate at operating temperature or can it be drained somehow.

Regards

Removal of water from CVH Block? - Number_Cruncher
Hi Steve,

You always get some cross mixing of fluids when you take the head off.

If you make sure that anything that will rub - cam lobes / bearings / bores / valve stems etc is well oiled, then you will not have any trouble on start up.

Before you start up, spin the engine over with the fuel and ignition disabled until the oil pressure light goes off.

The water should evaporate off when the engine gets up to temperature.

I would be temted to initially fill with cheap oil, and don't bother with any anti - freeze. Once you are happy that the engine is running well, and is oil and water tight, do an oil and filter change, using your usual oil, and drain some water out, and put anti freeze in to the recommended strength.

number_cruncher
Removal of water from CVH Block? - Steveo4869
Many Thanks Number Cruncher. Good tip about the cheap oil I think I will save my Castrol Magnetec till I've set up the engine properly!! Thanks again.
Removal of water from CVH Block? - Civic8
CVH was never a prob.would suggest usual oil put in. any water will evaporate due to heat. and as its minimal I see no prob. Dont waste money on cheep oil.Then replace.
--
Was mech1