Dealer discount advice needed - G
Right chaps - here's the deal. I've decided to get the civic Type R I posted about the other day. Not going to import as there's only about £1200 in it and I can't be bothered. I reckon I can get about £500 of that diifference back through shopping around.
I love a haggle and intend to make the dealers beg for mercy to get the best price, but whats the best way?
I've got 3 Honda garages lined up against each other, question is are they more likely to discount the options fitted to the car (which are all dealer fits) e.g. aircon at £1000 or are they more likely to up the trade in value on my car?
So which part of the deal have they got the most room to move on so I can hit them hardest on that? I reckon its the options myself.

Further question: The Honda website lists metallic paint as free - i.e. do build a car, choose silver and the price is the same, it also lists it as a no cost option. The dealers want £250 for this. Whats going on.....

Finally: Regarding model years and new REG system etc. , I have to wait till Jan for the car anyway and the new REG is out in March .
Do you think I should wait for the new reg in March...?
I'm tempted of going for January as I don't think the new REG system will have the same impact on the value of the car as it will be a 2002 reg date just a different plate and everyone is confused over the new system anyway...

Hope this is even remotely clear......

Thanks
Re: Dealer discount advice needed - Andrew Barnes

Check out the Belgian dealers, I was quoted about 13K for a UK Spec for a full UK Spec Model. I think that only includes a 1 year warranty though.

AndrewG wrote:
>
> Right chaps - here's the deal. I've decided to get the civic
> Type R I posted about the other day. Not going to import as
> there's only about £1200 in it and I can't be bothered. I
> reckon I can get about £500 of that diifference back through
> shopping around.
> I love a haggle and intend to make the dealers beg for mercy
> to get the best price, but whats the best way?
> I've got 3 Honda garages lined up against each other,
> question is are they more likely to discount the options
> fitted to the car (which are all dealer fits) e.g. aircon at
> £1000 or are they more likely to up the trade in value on my
> car?
> So which part of the deal have they got the most room to move
> on so I can hit them hardest on that? I reckon its the
> options myself.
>
> Further question: The Honda website lists metallic paint as
> free - i.e. do build a car, choose silver and the price is
> the same, it also lists it as a no cost option. The dealers
> want £250 for this. Whats going on.....
>
> Finally: Regarding model years and new REG system etc. , I
> have to wait till Jan for the car anyway and the new REG is
> out in March .
> Do you think I should wait for the new reg in March...?
> I'm tempted of going for January as I don't think the new REG
> system will have the same impact on the value of the car as
> it will be a 2002 reg date just a different plate and
> everyone is confused over the new system anyway...
>
> Hope this is even remotely clear......
>
> Thanks
Re: Dealer discount advice needed - G
Thanks Andrew - cheapest I could find via the UK importers (tried em all) is about £14,200 + air + paint. I have to decide this week for Jan delivery so unlikely to get it all sorted. But do you have a web address for your man in Belgium?
Re: Dealer discount advice needed - broker4cars
Advise me the exact spec and model of the car and I will try and beat the three dealers you have got lined up. I know for a fact that a number of Honda dealerships do not discount heavily. Please advise me of your part exchange as well as we do offer part exchange service. Let me know the dealer fit items you require.
I think the best time to buy new is Jan as you state.
Re: Dealer discount advice needed - Andrew Barnes

Is this guy allowed to do this?

Andrew

broker4cars wrote:
>
> Advise me the exact spec and model of the car and I will try
> and beat the three dealers you have got lined up. I know for
> a fact that a number of Honda dealerships do not discount
> heavily. Please advise me of your part exchange as well as we
> do offer part exchange service. Let me know the dealer fit
> items you require.
> I think the best time to buy new is Jan as you state.
Lets put my internet car website against the dealers. Its my neck on the line!
Re: Dealer discount advice needed - FfwlCymraeg
Apparently!
Civic R + air + silver - that's it - you better be quick tho....
broker4cars.co.uk price for this vehicle is £15086.00 plus £238 metallic paint plus £874.00 manual air con. UK supplied via our contracted Honda dealer. You deal with them direct. We do not ask a peeny from you our dealer then pays us after the sale is complete for the introduction.
By the way our competitor in this industry drivethedeal are offering a £5.00 saving!
Re: Dealer discount advice needed - KB
Try......www.honda-ringmotor.com They're a proper Honda main agent in Ostend, which is right on the coast in Belgium, and the dealer's showroom isn't far from the ferry All factory orders - 4/5 months wait. all UK spec and usually a much better deal than you'll get in UK.
Re: Dealer discount advice needed - Tony
There are shed loads of these in Southampton Docks waiting to go to Japan,with auto climate control but mostly in Championship White.Doh! not UK spec.
I'll check it out via the website then. A grand is a grand after all..
So this is a UK car with 3 year manufacturers warranty?
Yes this is a UK car with a three year Manufacturers warranty. You deal with Honda direct and you pay them direct.
All we take from you is your name and address. Simple eh to save a grand! Thats why we get some good coverage on HJ's site because of the savings we are able to obtain.
Regards
broker4cars
Re: Dealer discount advice needed - Tomo
Pity, it's quite interesting!
Re: Dealer discount advice needed - Martin Wall
Interesting...that's a good price for a car very much in demand and a vehicle I am seriously looking at. I'm also tempted with an Alfa 147 (if a little worried about reliability compared to the Honda!)

What deal would you do on a 147 2.0 3dr Lusso with metallic? (Just with a regular manual gearbox - not the selaspeed thingy!)

thanks
Martin,
I purely have given a price on the Honda to demonstrate our buying power. I do not want this exercise to turn out into a market stall and I don't think HJ would appreciate it.Just e-mail me at sales@broker4cars.co.uk and I will get you the price on the vehicle you require.
Thanks
B4C
Re: Dealer discount advice needed - Martyn (Back Room moderator)
broker4cars wrote:
>
> Martin,
> I purely have given a price on the Honda to demonstrate our
> buying power. I do not want this exercise to turn out into a
> market stall and I don't think HJ would appreciate it.Just
> e-mail me at sales@broker4cars.co.uk and I will

Actually, although HJ has said privately that he has no objection to you using the forum in this way, I'm afraid I do. Leaving aside the fact that it would perhaps have been good manners to mention it to me first, the forum wasn't set up for this purpose.

Having said that, when the new design of Back Room is instituted, there may well be an arena for private advertisements (not commercial sales efforts like yours, though, I'm afraid).

I don't wish to offend you, and I certainly have no wish to interfere with your business, but I believe that your contributions might compromise the integrity of the website in general. I'd prefer you not to make any more representations here in the forum, at least for the time being.

Martyn
Back Room Moderator
Re: Dealer discount advice needed - FfwlCymraeg
Slappy wristies!
Right OK broker4cars price for the Alfa 147 2.0 TS Lusso 3dr in metallic paint is £15295.00 OTR UK Supplied
Pity I can't select that car from your site, it's not in the list.

Sorry to everyone else who is reading this - I still want answers to my original post as well !!
Unfortunatelty we have to keep costs down especially with our internet costs and databases this is an issue that has been ongoing and are fully aware of we just do not have the money to splash out £10k on the newest database for it to become old within a few months. We have been running since April 2000 and have survived the dot com depression. I appreciate the car may not be listed but we can obtain this vehicle for the price we have quoted via our contracted Honda dealership.
Re: Dealer discount advice needed - Martin Wall
OK - email on its way! Thanks.