Ford Mondeo 24V V6 95 m - gillip
Help!
I have blown the fuse for the radio in my car! The fuse at the back of the radio is o.k but it still won't work ! I have had a look at all the fuses in the fuse box at the front o/s under the bonnet. Is there another fuse box somewhere else ? and if so where is it !!

It also, when changing gear, either up or down, holds onto the revs for 2-3 seconds before dropping like it should. Any ideas what ccould be causing it ??

thank you
Ford Mondeo 24V V6 95 m - Adam {P}
Gillip,
We had the exact same car but I can't remember exactly where the other fuse box is. Going off my Focus I would say try behind the glove box. Is it not in the manual though? If you don't have one you're going to need to know which fuse regulates the radio.

With regards to the revs, my Focus does it occasionally but I'm not too bothered about it. Good luck with the problem though
Adam
Ford Mondeo 24V V6 95 m - LeePower
I cant help with the fuse box location at the moment, The Mondeo is out at somewhere with the parents & in it is the handbook, lol

Can you explain you revs problem more?

It sounds like a faulty speed sensor or dirty connection to it.

There is a road speed sensor in the Mondeos ECU control system that is designed to keep the revs up for a few seconds when changing gear to help smooth things out.

Note: If the road speed sensor is faulty it will NOT record a fault code in the memory, Strange but true.

To test the sensor is working correctly, drive along at about 30mph ish, Put the car in neutral & let the back clutch in, The revs should drop down to about 1200rpm after a couple of seconds & stay there.
Only when the car has very nearly stopped should the revs drop back down to the 850rpm ish idle speed.
Ford Mondeo 24V V6 95 m - Imagos
If your car is a post 1997 facelift model the fuses for the radio are behind glovebox or as manual quotes 'under instrument panel' it seems there are 2 fuses number 31, (7.5amp rating) and number 36 (15amp rating.) Although it quotes #36 is for cd player too so i suspect this will be the one, would help to know what model you have plus year. this might help too in regarding locating fuse box and removal. www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=23567&...t
Does 95m mean miles or year?
Sorry it means 1995 M plate + 24 vlave V6 i think its the Si version
As soon as i take my foot off the accelerator pedal the revs rise by out 500 - 800 rpm, stay there for a few seconds and drop to, as you suggest about 1200 rpm.
Any help ??
Ford Mondeo 24V V6 95 m - kithmo
The other fuse box is indeed behind the glove box. The other problem is a well known one, it\'s called throttle hang and there is a fix for it on the Ford mondeo entheusiasts forums at www.fordmondeo.org
Ford Mondeo 24V V6 95 m - henry k
The other fuse box is indeed behind the glove box.

Assuming 95m is the year then I think you have to squeeze the sides of the glove box to release the glove box. Haynes says there is a lever to release the fuse box.

If it is a later model up to 2000 then the glove box is released by opening it then pulling it towards your lap if you are in the passenger seat.