Cheap Fuel in Cramlington - blinky
The new Sainsbury's filling station at Cramlington is selling unleaded at 74.9p a litre until Wednesday (10 pm I think). I think diesel might have been this price as well. The offer might be extended, if it's been popular.

The filing station is opposite the Skoda dealership on one the approach roads into Manor Walk shopping centre.
Cheap Fuel in Cramlington - Vin {P}
I'll pop in on the way to dropping my kids off at school today. The 700 mile round trip will make them late, though, the little darlings.

V

Cheap Fuel in Cramlington - helicopter
Our local Sainsburys four star is 79.9 with 5p a litre off if you spend £50 in store so I won't do the round trip from Sussex this time.

My question is , if they can do it in Cramlington, why not in other parts of the country? How far are they from the refinery or distribution depot?
They've just opened a new store and petrol station. It's been run as a loss leader.

I'm sure I'm not the only forum member in the North East so I thought it would be of use to someone.
Cheap Fuel in Cramlington - Roberson
I can't remeber seeing this advertised in the local press so may pop around there soon. Just one question, when is this offer valid until?

Supposed to finish on Wednesday at 10. I think that's 10pm. The guy in the kiosk said the bosses were thinking of extending it if was popular (and it has been). He also said even when they increase it will still be cheaper than the typical forecourt price and there's likely to be reductions for the first 3 months.
Cheap Fuel in Cramlington - Stuartli
Such a great shame that the round trip to Cramlington will nullify any savings...:-((
PS

Whatever the fuel price it still doesn't seem to reduce the long line of vehicles that almost invariably queue up to use the 14 pumps at my local Tesco.

What's more it's the same price as anywhere else in the area.

Must be ClubCard points that does the trick.
Cheap Fuel in Cramlington - David Horn
Diesel at my local Tesco is 79p/litre, the forecourt is usually empty, and I'm sure I get better performance and fuel economy from their cheapskate diesel than I do from Texaco's 81p stuff.
"Must be ClubCard points that does the trick."

Indeed. I get a clubcard point per litre. I also get a clubcard point per pound of fuel (on my Tesco CC). In total, I'm getting 1.8 or so points per litre. These are worth 7.2p if I spend them on, for example, the holiday I was just about to book next year, or my RAC membership (i.e. 7.2p against cash I was truly going to spend) so I reckon that it's worth the wait. Not that there's much of a queue at 6:15am.

V

I have a ClubCard Plus card but I don't think it delivers any extra points over the normal ClubCard...:-(

Surprising how the points mount up though and even more when added to the shopping; the other half, who also has a ClubCard Plus card (joint account), is happy with the substantial money off vouchers she gets every three months or so.
Stuart, at the risk of getting off topic and off motoring, look carefully at the offers Tesco make if you're a "premier" member. You get £4 off hundreds of things (including RAC membership, holidays, etc) for £1 in vouchers.

I didn;t understand this until recently. I've paid for a full year with the RAC for £37.50 (full cover and thin motoring link) and we're going on an £800 holiday next year for £200 - leaves a lot of cash for good food and drink, etc while you're there.

V
Thanks for the info - I'll get a leaflet next time I'm in the store.

However, I get full RAC membership free of charge and holidays abroad are a no-no now as the other half is not allowed to fly due to health reasons...:-((
Cheap Fuel in Cramlington - Dynamic Dave
To check the cheapest fuel prices in your area goto:-

www.aapetrolbusters.com

You need a valid email address to log in to search though.