Hyundai getz - so far? - daveyK_UK
anyone who has one...

how are they going so far?

any problems?

cant see any call-back history?

how is the gear-box bearing up?

any news and owner feedback is appreciated - cheers.

is the diesel any good?

how is the depreciation value? does it suffer like other family members - (eg, the accent devalues around 70% after 3 years).
Hyundai getz - so far? - Happy Blue!
Only driven one on holiday but it was very good and spectacularly roomy. I drove a 1.3 I think and it was certainly fast enough.

The diesel is the three pot version of the four cylinder diesel that is fitted in the Trajet, Elantra, Santa Fe and Tucson. I believe a moderately modern design.

--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Hyundai getz - so far? - JamZ
To answer your questions based on my experience so far:

Mine has been fine so far, having done 5,000 miles in 3 months - no problems to report. The gearbox is sometimes a little fiddly to get into reverse but fine once you've got the hang of it! The diesel has been great for me. It certainly seems a lot faster than the book 0-60 time.. My dad couldn't believe how fast it accelerated with 3 of us in it! fuel consumption has not been quite as economical as I'd hoped (probably about 55mpg on the motorway) but I guess that will improve as the engine is worn in a little.

The best thing is, for such a small car, there is absolutely loads of room inside! I have a 1 year old son and getting his massive car seat in and out is a piece of cake. You get a decent amount of kit as standard too...

My reason for buying one is the unlimited mileage 5-year warranty since I rack up quite a few miles (30K a year) and need reliable transport with fixed costs. I had planned to sell the car after 4 years (when the finance is paid off). I'm not expecting it to be worth that much especially with 120K on the clock, but still with one year manufacturers' warranty remaining, I could be pleasantly surprised...
''The gearbox is sometimes a little fiddly to get into reverse''

trademark of every kia and hyundai - which they still havent ironed out.

I had a kia picanto for 2 weeks, and had the exact same trouble.

If anyone has driven the new ceranto (forgot the name sorry) would be interested to know if the problem has been carried on.

any signs of rust on your getz?
particulary under the wheel arches and in the engine bay?

whats your opinion on the quality of the paint job?

1.3 is the mitsubishi unit - great engine, used in so many cars.

the 1.1 is powerless buts its 1.1 for a reason.

as for the 1.5 diesel - i had suspicion of it being a older design, what do you average on the urban run?

what di you pay for your getz?

I am finding it impossible to find any on import - any ideas?

Hyundai getz - so far? - dylan
> I am finding it impossible to find on import - any ideas

Try www.drivethedeal.com (about 1500 off the petrol models) and www.bcc-hyundai.co.uk/ (about £1000 off most models). Watch the small print though - I think the bcc prices might not include road tax and delivery.

Also try a local dealer. My local dealer is doing the 1.1 gsi for 5995 (list 6995), which is pretty close to the best online price.

Hyundai getz - so far? - Happy Blue!
I have used BCC to buy our new Hyundai Trajet. Very helpful and easy to deal with. Got a few Getzs on the forecourt unregistered with several £££ off.

--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Hyundai getz - so far? - carl_a
I had a kia picanto for 2 weeks, and had the
exact same trouble.

So what did you think of the Picanto ?
1.3 is the mitsubishi unit - great engine, used in so
many cars.

According to Hyundai the alpha engine (the 1.3/1.6 in the Getz, accent) was the first engine they designed in S.Korea. Perhaps they supplied it to Mitsubishi also ?
I am finding it impossible to find any on import -
any ideas?

Would an import be such a good deal as a UK supplied one, no 5-year warranty, 3 years servicing or 3 years RAC, that?s quite a package.
i had the picanto 1.1

my thoughts -

enough power
good brakes
brilliant space and practicality
reverse gear box issue
paintwork finish not great
cd a bit fiddly but with mp3 technology was great

great package - and i await hyundai's version

the 1.0gs for £5.5k even at list is a great deal.
wouldnt recommend for alot of motorway use but around town its a doddle to park and play with.

Hyundai getz - so far? - JamZ
any signs of rust on your getz?
particulary under the wheel arches and in the engine bay?
whats your opinion on the quality of the paint job?
1.3 is the mitsubishi unit - great engine, used in so
many cars.
the 1.1 is powerless buts its 1.1 for a reason.
as for the 1.5 diesel - i had suspicion of it
being a older design, what do you average on the urban
run?
what di you pay for your getz?
I am finding it impossible to find any on import -
any ideas?

There is no sign of any rust but then it is only 3 months old!
The paintwork seems fine but likewise, I haven't had a chance to scratch it yet!

I haven't worked out exactly how much I would average on an urban run - virtually all my driving is fast a-roads/motorway. I will say that the gearing seems pretty high compared to previous cars I have had (the engine really does not like chugging along in fifth at 30mph).

I paid just under 8,000 notes from BCC Hyundai in Bolton. That included road tax and regsitration fee etc. a pretty good price I thought since they were in pretty short supply at the time (a number of other dealers told me that too). Can highly recommend BCC though - absolutely no pressure selling and when I wanted to take one for a test drive, they just handed me the key and said there you go. They even encouraged me to take it for a long drive and try it out on the motorway etc! Very impressed...