Peugeot 306 r. wiper / radio electrical - Harv
Late 2000 Peugeot 306 HDi D-Turbo

Recently I have had a couple of electrical faults. Please share your experience / advice (if it will be helpful)!

Easy one first:
This morning my rear windscreen wiper decided to turn itself on and doesn't want to turn off. The switch was in the 'off' position, but fiddling with the switch doesn't seem to make any difference. It has been raining a lot recently - I'll see what happens if / when the weather starts to dry out...

And the tricky one:
A couple of weeks ago I was hoovering my car (weather was dry, driver's door was open) and the radio turned itself on, even though I hadn't touched any of the buttons / steering column stalks etc. What makes it even stranger is that the key was in my pocket, NOT the ignition, at the time...
Peugeot 306 r. wiper / radio electrical - JohnPug
Ah, the lovely 306 electrical gremlins strike again!

Your first problem, I suspect is the wiper relay sticking on.

The second sounds almost like a feature I have in my 306, with the radio on and the drivers door open. I can sometimes change the volume or frequency by moving my hand (not touching)near the steering column radio stalk. Very strange!
Peugeot 306 r. wiper / radio electrical - CG
Harv, just a thought - If you let it run (I know, it hurts on a dry screen, although not much risk of that currently) does it cover about 12-15 sweeps and then stop wherever it likes? I had a similar problem after a repair to the rear of a 406, and the cause was a wire off the connector by the wiper motor - brown as I recall.

Can't help with the radio I'm afraid - it's just a Pug.........