honda civic - joan bawden
Has anyone else had their Civic diagnosed as having 'a slightly sticking throttle body' and been quoted by dealer £3-400 to recify.
Civic bought new august 1998-27000miles.
Honda offering to pay 50% labour but this still leaves a bill for £265.36
Any advice welcomed.
Honda Civic - David Lacey
Joan,
Firstly, what are the symptoms? Many cars these days seem to hang up the revs a bit. 'Slightly sticking' sounds a bit dubious to me.
As for the goodwil payment, I think the offer is reasonable.

Rgds

David
Re: Honda Civic - colin
My Civic was Sept 97, but never had this prob. Still deeply and sincerely in love with the car.
Re: Honda Civic - colin
It occurs to me, are you sure this is a genuine prob? Sorry if that seems offensive, but don't forget that, by its nature, the Civic kicks in extra when you put your foot down, which sometimes gives a very slight jerkiness ...

Makes for excellent economy for the frugally minded!
Re: Honda Civic - David W
Joan,

The fact that you have been offered a goodwill payment seems to say this is a genuine fault.

Having said that the throttle body often suffers a build-up of carbon/oil (in particular with shorter runs) that can be cleaned out. Sometimes this can be done in situ but often it is better to remove it.

Carb cleaner and a toothbrush can work wonders. I would expect cleaning to cost well under £100, even at a main dealers.

David
Re: Honda Civic - Honest John
This is a problem with Carina Es, acknowledged by Toyota with an extended total four year warranty.

HJ