Peugeot 206 windscreen - Dereksn51
Strange one this,my niece sat indoors(well inside a caravan actually)hears a big crack or noise which makes her and her b/friend jump.On going outside they see nothing that may have caused the noise.On leaving for home they discover the windscreen is cracked in the tax disc area.Seem to be no kids close by and in any case the car is quite secluded where it's parked on a very quiet caravan site.My question is could the loud bang be an implosion or explosion of the windscreen on it's own?Anybody any experience of this happening?
Peugeot 206 windscreen - Altea Ego
yup has happened to me. small stone chip one week, next month on a really hot day and a sudden rifle shot type noise, voila cracked windscreen

Peugeot 206 windscreen - none
Similar thing happened to me with a toughened screen. On a motorway at about 70 when a stone or something hit the screen, loud bang but no apparent damage. Half an hour later I was in town waiting at some traffic lights when there was an even louder bang and the screen shattered into a million bits. In those days toughened screens had a small non shattering 'safety zone' in front of the drivers eyes, that cracked as well. I used the recommended 'punch a hole in the screen ' routine and ended up with all of the million bits inside the car, but a nice clear view.