One smell of a problem - GGH
Two weeks ago I took one of my cats in the car on a emergency visit to the vet. Unfortunately she sprayed the rear seat and carpet. I have Autoglyn shampooed the area four times with very little improvement. Any ideas please, only a clothes peg seems to work.
One smell of a problem - Stuartli
Buy a aerosol can of Neutradol (about £1.99) and spray the whole interior of the car with it. If you have air con or, hopefully, a recirculating button for the heating system, run the engine with recirculating activated for several minutes whilst the Neutradol is still airborne.

Otherwise just use the Neutradol. Unlike the sprays that you use for smells such as air fresheners or Febreeze which only mask the odours, Neutradol kills them. That's why it's more expensive.

It's also a good idea to use Neutradol with your air con in the way mentioned every few weeks, as it kills bacteria etc in the air con system.

People have been known to suffer bronchitis and other infections after air conditioning has been operating in a vehicle.
One smell of a problem - GGH
Thanks Stuartli for your help, I am pleased to say that Neutradol seems do be doing it's job, I had never heard of this product before. Thanks again. GGH
One smell of a problem - Roger Jones
Reaching over my mog to the keyboard to type this, I can suggest that surgical spirit is a very good antidote to feline leakages. It also dissuades them from using the same spot again.
One smell of a problem - brianrh
How long do you have to immerse the moggy in the surgucal spirits for?

The obvious way around transporting your cat around is to use the Cat-Carrier:

internet.ls-la.net/pictures/Cat-Carrier.html
One smell of a problem - Stuartli
Glad it worked - actually I'm sure that I picked up this hint in the forum in connection with some similar, but very much more expensive Comma £12.99 product being sold in Halfords that is intended to rid air-con systems of bugs.

If I remember rightly, the forum member suggested Neutradol as an equally effective product at a fraction of the price.

Whatever the reason, I had a look at the Neutradol website, decided to try it and it worked well.

So I can't really take any credit for the hint...:-)
One smell of a problem - Roger Jones
Now, where is that sticker I used to have saying "Attack cat on board" . . .