Twisted BMWs? - Vin {P}
A "prestige" car showroom (no names, no pack drill) near me has a line of BMWs along its forecourt. Each and every one has its rear offside wheel up on top of a car ramp (15" tall?). The remaining three wheels are left on the ground. It's to display the cars at a racy angle, it appears.

Is this likely to be damaging the cars? Looks like it to me. Anyone with a bit more knowledge who can shed light on whether this is likely to do long term damage?

V
Twisted BMWs? - NowWheels
Twisted BMWs? I thought that's how they were designed these days.
Twisted BMWs? - none
Shouldn't do them any harm, Probably demonstating how well they can be parked.
Twisted BMWs? - Mapmaker
They'll be fine if they've got their foglights on.
Twisted BMWs? - Civic8
Jokes aside.If vehicle has weak chassis I doubt they would do it.Chassis has to take a lot of bending.during driving.stress takes place throughout chassis.So wouldnt worry.They are designed to take it.though they have limits.this isnt one
--
Was mech1
Twisted BMWs? - Dynamic Dave
Jokes aside.If vehicle has weak chassis I doubt they would do
it.Chassis has to take a lot of bending.during driving.stress takes place
throughout chassis.So wouldnt worry.They are designed to take it.though they have
limits.this isnt one

Mate of mine used to park the nearside rear wheel on a kerb everynight outside his house. Eventually the car developed a slight droop on the rear nearside, which when investigated was found to have a shorter spring than the offside - which was caused by the spring always being under more compression than the offside one was.
Twisted BMWs? - patently
Its a known problem. The only symptoms are that the accelerator pedal sticks fully down and the indicators stop working.

Oddly, no owner has ever complained....... weird....
Twisted BMWs? - Vansboy
It will only effect silver ones.

Doh!!!!

VB
Twisted BMWs? - AngryJonny
It perhaps won't do the tyres a lot of good to be parked at a funny angle, but the car itself will probably be fine. Until one of the tyres blows and someone wraps it round a tree.
Twisted BMWs? - Richard Turpin
If you go fast enough, you don't need to indicate because all the duffers behind are too far away to react anyway. It's a pity they sit in the outside lane in the first place. There should be a law .....
Twisted BMWs? - Blue {P}
Doesn't do them any harm at all, they're never parked up for long enough. The best one that I have ever parked was a Saxo VTS that had such hardened rear suspension that as the right side was backed onto the ramp, the left side lifted off the ground as well and the car appeared to be floating in the air if looked at from the right.

It won't damage any normal cars though, when you think about it the chassis undergoes a lot more stress when the car is driven over a speedbump, even at low speed.

Blue
Twisted BMWs? - Blue {P}
to be floating in the air if looked at from the
right.

That should read "if looked at from the left"! Just realised that made no sense at all in it's original form. :-)

Blue