Mitsubishi Colt 1.6 - Mumbler
No 2 Daughter has just bought (but not yet collected) a Y reg Colt to replace her written off Accent.

I called in at the local main dealer (5Mins walk) and they gave me a printout of the main service schedules, including all parts used and the costs.

They use a new rocker cover gasket at every service.

Does anybody know why? I can't believe it has ajustable tappets on a 16v twin cam engine. The Accent used the earlier Mitsubishi 12v lump and that had hydralic tappets.

Is there some other reason, or are they just bumping up the bill?

I also see that the AFT fluid is changed at 54K, fair enough, but they charge for 8Lt of fluid costing £63!

Do they perhaps remove the gearbox so they can drain the torque converter?

Not in 4 hours they don't.

As the car is just out or warranty it will be going to our usual independant for servicing.
Mitsubishi Colt 1.6 - Rosanbo
Probably people don't know about Colts, hence, no replies. I have a 12v 1.3 Colt. and I'm going to get rid of it one day. Why? Because it has something wrong with it, at least one cylinder has piston, H/Gasket or Valve problem, probably piston. Also parts are expensive, there's no Haynes manual, and it's petrol (I want a diesel).

Your questions:
rocker cover gasket... don't know..the only reason I can think of is that they may want to check/clean/renew a rocker cover filter of some sort and any vacuum hoses there. --You could ask them.

AFT = ATF? maybe -just guessing- they flush out the old stuff with the new stuff and they reckon that after pouring 8l in all the old stuff will have gone, or they keep pumpimg it in until the stuff coming out runs clean.

Mitsubishi Colt 1.6 - Abeetha
Hi,
Well i own a Mirage i think nearly the same as the Colt except mine is a coupe,

First and foremost i think your car has hydralic tappets... Mitsubishis have a lot of problems with these tappets and they sometimes need to be cleaned since oil sludge gets clogged inside the tappets, they loose preassure and start to make noise ....

for your ATF question, i asume sometimes when you change ATF liquid using the ATF changing machine it can take upto 8 liters since it sucks the old oil out and replaces with new oil .... since the oil comes in 4l cans maybe the dealers charged for 2 full cans of ATF fluid oil but the job might only have needed about 6 ...... i am just asuming of course ....

Regards,
Abeetha
Mitsubishi Colt 1.6 - AdyBeee
My Galant sometimes sounds like a lawnmower for 10 sec's or so on start up in the morning.
An oil change has improved things, but once a week it still happens.

AdyBee..