Vauxhall / Philips CCR6000 - Deryck Tintagel
Just noticed this morning that the radio channel display disappears and reverts to the date on my Vectra Multi-function Information Display. The radio is still functioning and I can change channels and volume using the remote controls but I cannot select the CD with either the remote control or button on the radio.

Turning the radio off and then on again allows the CD and display to operate. The display then reverts back to date. I did, however, notice a couple of other things: the display went off with the ignition switch although it should stay on until the key is removed; and the other was that the radio seemed OK when the ignition was turned to ACC and back to off.

Any ideas? I wondered about the ignition feed
Vauxhall / Philips CCR6000 - Dynamic Dave

Sounds like a dodgy connection somewhere. Try and see if you can push the stereo into the dash a bit further. It *might* have vibrated out from it's cage slightly and causing an intermitant conncetion with the pins around the back.
Vauxhall / Philips CCR6000 - Deryck Tintagel
I took the radio out last night and jiggled the connector to the MID and replaced the radio. All seems well so far.

Hopefully nothing more than that.

Thanks DD
Vauxhall / Philips CCR6000 - SjB {P}
Back in 1998, I fitted an Alpine power amplifier to the radio cassette (no CD so not CCR600) in my Vectra V6 SRi Estate. To do this, I had to take the head unit out to tap in to the wires behind.

Despite a lot of care and a neat and tidy wiring job, after everything was put back in place the multi function display would sometimes play up in a manner similar to your description.

How did I solve it?

I took the head unit back out, and reaching up behind the multi function display, touched the connector gently (a few grammes force, no more) whilst the circuit was live. The display went haywire. I therefore removed the connector completely, and then placed it back (tricky, by feel only). From that point onwards, for the next three years that I had the car, there were no more problems with it.

Hopefully, what you have done is what I have just described, and it will do the job for you, too.