Worst 4 x 4 for £25 K plus - bikemade3
Anyone else see Clarkson get the BMW X3 stuck ( twice) in a field last night. What an ideal Chelsea Tractor, why will people buy this car is it because of the Badge snobbery give me a Defender any day at least you can drive them over Dartmoor.
Worst 4 x 4 for £25 K plus - No Do$h
I laughed like a drain when that piece of automotive jewellry (cubic zirconia at that) got stuck. BMW are having a laugh.
Worst 4 x 4 for £25 K plus - bikemade3
It's worse than that people ( possibly with a low IQ) will buy them.Clarkson forgot to mention the optional extra- non working indicators.
Worst 4 x 4 for £25 K plus - patently
Saw one at a dealership in Munich before they launched it over here. Went in to have a look, as we were wondering what to get Mrs P.

No no no no no no no.......

Outside looks awful. Hideous. And I like the new 5, remember! Inside looks cheap. Tailgate poorly designed - you have to reach up to the top to close it instead of halfway a la X5. No high driver's seat - so what's the point, for a 5'1" Mrs P at least? No real feeling of space inside - so what's the point in a 4x4 format? As Clarkson said, the same money gets you a 5 touring. Or spend less on a 3 touring.

Then I peeked at the price lists in the UK.

No no no no no no no.......

Very nearly X5 money for a car that simply isn't nearly as good, isn't as practical, and has "beans duly counted" written all over the interior. Why? Why? If you must have a BMW then get a 3 touring, similar space, better performance, more toys for the money.....

It'll sell like hot cakes, though. Everyone will want one. Except the buyers that think. I'd stay well clear if you meet on one the road, given what that says about their owners.

Mind you, I'd stop short of saying they should be banned......
Worst 4 x 4 for £25 K plus - Aprilia
Actually got to take a short drive in one from the factory, prior to launch. Wouldn't be too bad a car if it were about 33% cheaper - but at the current price its a bit of a joke. They will still sell though, so I guess BMW have got it right?
X3 and X5 say a lot about their owners....
Worst 4 x 4 for £25 K plus - Mapmaker
>>They will still sell though, so I guess BMW have got it right?

Doubt it! (OK, I wouldn't recognise one if I hit it, but...)

If the Patentlies of this world won't buy it, then they've got it wrong. If better designed, they could have charged more for it & sold more. Surely?
They can't charge more - it's already snapping at the heels of the X5.

It will sell. Mainly to people who don't now own a BMW, which is probably the intention.

For the money they ask, it is a foolish choice of car to buy. But (for the money they ask...), it is a very clever choice of car to sell.
If the Patentlies of this world won't buy it, then they've
got it wrong. If better designed, they could have charged
more for it & sold more. Surely?

I won't buy something just because it's expensive and from Germany, btw. It might look like that (!), but I can assure the BR more thought does go into the decision!

Worst 4 x 4 for £25 K plus - Mapmaker
But other makes don't come with free 'added outside Motorway lane'...
Do you want to do the one about the non-existent indicators next?

Oh, someone already has. Whoever said the BR keeps repeating stuff?

Archeologists found a stone age cave recently with an area on the wall devoted to strange symbols. These were eventually decoded to reveal a rich and complex language system. All of the discussion centred on the woolly mammoth and its use as a means of getting around. Half the scribbles derided mammoths from distant settlements in the black forest, because their hair did not stick up on the side that they were about to turn towards.

Strangely, the other half of the scribbles seemed to be suggesting that mammoths who moved all four legs should be banned. Only mammoths with two moving legs and two trailing legs should be permitted in areas with a high density of cave dwellings.
Worst 4 x 4 for £25 K plus - No Do$h
You forgot to add that speed ramps were a bit bigger and altogether more \"bouldery\" back then.

Oh, and that Italian mammoths would spontaneously lose a limb before you even looked at them. Dodgy siberian wool, or something like that.
Oh - and the extra long mammoths that blocked the road every time one wanted to get past the other....
Worst 4 x 4 for £25 K plus - Sofa Spud
Worst 4x4 for £25K plus. For private motorists, a how about a Humvee?

Cheers, SS