Pug306xr speedometer/oxygensensor. - pug306xr
I have a relativley old peugot 306xr 209000ks on it, but runs really well the majoritei of the time. I have expereinceing many strange things and am wondering if there is hope for it.

firstly ater driving for while an hour or more the speedo will start jumping around and then finally give up completely, after which It will start to stall completley as soon as the clutch is pushed in no matter the speed Im doing. also during idle atleast for 1-2 minutes at a set of lights the engine light will come on, whic according to peugot was a oxygen sensor au$500 which lasted two months and when taken back to peugot it would cost me again to have the computer looked at roughly $90 to reveal the same problem with which they shrugged their shoulders and said they cant garauntee it wont happen again if replaced, I think all these problems are associated and their is or was nothing wrong to the oxygen sensor. any insight would be much appreciated, as taking my car to anyone else resorts to them apologising and saying I have to take it to a dealer to have the computer checked.
Pug306xr speedometer/oxygensensor. - solara
Most peugeout 306 speedos are driven by the flywheel sensor. This flywheel sensor may also be used for engine injection timing. Sound like the likely culprit, if your speedo goes haywire and engine is cutting out.
My 306 diesel had similar speedo symptoms which were fixed on replaing TDC/flywheel sensor. Fuel injection systems wont react as kindly as an old diesel to a TDC sensor playing up.
Good luck.
Pug306xr speedometer/oxygensensor. - none
I wouldn't know about the speedo being driven by the crankshaft sensor, rev counter maybe? It could well be a faulty new oxygen or lambda sensor. Is there any sort of electrical connection to the clutch mechanism / pedal preventing overrevving when the clutch pedal is operated?
Anyway here's a very long shot. Some of the new Iveco's I work on suffer from crankshaft thrust bearing problems. Drivers report misfiring when going uphill, rectified for a short while after changing down a gear. Worn thrust bearing are allowing the crankshaft to float backwards (gravity) and move the flywheel away from the sensor. Operating the clutch (gearchanging) moves the shaft back into place for a while. Considering the high mileage of your car there is a chance that a similar thing is happening, except that in your case it happens when you press the clutch. Also,It's not unknown for very badly worn thrust bearings to cause lots of internal friction and stall an engine when the clutch is used.
It's probably something a lot more simple, but I hope this helps.
Pug306xr speedometer/oxygensensor. - solara
sorry, I meant rev counter.