C5 - rear tyre wear - machika
I recently found out that there is an issue with early C5s, with uneven tyre wear, and I have had just had the rear tyres checked on our C5. Sure enough, there is 2mm less tread on the outside of the tyres, than on the inside. Having found this out, I went hotfoot to the local Citroen dealer, only to be told that Citroen won\'t cover the cost of rectifying the problem with any car that has covered more than 20K miles.

To me this is amazing, as it is due to a known fault (that has been known about for some time), but it has never been subject to a recall. The car is still covered by an extended warranty. It has never been picked up on previous services but it must have been noticeable before, to anyone carrying out a service properly.

Has anyone any advice on what to do? The local dealer won\'t take up this issue on my behalf and I have dealt with Citroen UK before, so I know what confronts me if I start down that route.
C5 - rear tyre wear - LeePower
Hi

Car mechanics magazine done an aricle about C5 tyre wear a few months back.

If you press the garage and Citroen hard enough they should replace the rear subframe & suspension with the modified components.

Send me an email with your email address & I will attach a scanned copy of the article for you.

My email address is in my profile on this forum.
C5 - rear tyre wear - Mondaywoe
I had my one done under warranty late last year. It's not a 'recall' as such - you have to complain to the dealer. They will check to see how far the wear is 'out of tolerance' and if the car qualifies, the whole rear suspension assembly will be replaced. It's a whole day's work and very expensive, so Citroen have to be pushed. Results, however, are excellent. My one is now showing no signs of abnormal wear whatsoever and the work doesn't seem to have any adverse 'side effects' on the car. I believe some owners have even pressed Citroen for a new set of tyres as well and got them! I didn't because I'd already replaced the tyres before asking for the modification.

Do try and get it done under warranty, though, otherwise it will cost you dearly in tyres throughout the life of the car and replacing the 'axle' at your own expense would be an absolute no no!

Good luck.

Graeme