CD Changer location in Focus - Wopr
My wife gets her Focus next week, and it has the standard fit stereo but no CD changer. There's several places online selling a Sony 6 disc changer with interface for about £139, and I'm just wondering where's the best place in the car to fit the changer - any recommendations on this? Where is it fitted on models that came with it?

Any help appreciated!
CD Changer location in Focus - henry k
Check it does not have one fitted.
99V Focus Ghia came with 6 disc changer under the passenger seat but tape unit in the radio.
My Mondeo II has the same arrangement.
Consider buying a Ford 6 CD changer off Ebay?
Not sure of model but latest ones are same appearance but 6 CDs in the slot on the dash. So it is an easy change of unit.
CD Changer location in Focus - Adam {P}
The model Henry is referring to is the 6006. I question though Wopr - where are you looking where they are £140?

I had an RDS 5000 in my old car and in order to get a changer you needed a £50 soundlinx adapter to connect it to the stereo.
Adam
MCS-Direct and letsbuycaraudio both quote the unit with adaptor for £139. I noticed other sites doing the adaptor for £50, and the changer for about £90 which comes to the same price. When I pushed the CD button it said 'not present', I assume this to mean no player rather than just no disc. It's only an LX model (though it does have t/c and abs).
Well what do you know! The T69, (the one you're on about) I put my name down at Halfords for months ago and they never rang me back. Thank god because it was £200!

The one I had in my old car was an Alpine one but at a cost of £190. Because I have something bad to say I won't mention where I got it from but they never delivered it and when I rang them they couldn't find it so they had to send a new one.

On the plus side, fitting it really is just plugging the adapter into the stereo and then into the changer.

Good luck
Adam
I'd rather you did say where you got it if you had a problem with the dealer, or have I misunderstood you?
I only had a problem with the company I bought the CD changer off but they were featured in Max Power. If you want to know I can email you the name.

Adam
I'd appreciate that - you could send me a private message through the forum.
Gladly but how? I didn't know you could in this forum.

Also, I'd like it noted that I've never read an edition of Max Power - the company site simply had it's logo there. Honest.
Adam
Oops! I just realised that I'm thinking of the other forum I joined today...

/slaps self/

You can email me on:

feedback at britishlard dot co dot uk

Thanks
Done
Adam