Clutch judder - Jason
I have a 1997 Mitsubishi Carisma 1.8 petrol (non GDI), 29000 miles. It has recently developed a very annoying judder when I release the clutch in first gear.
Seems to disappear after approx 3 miles. It is worse in the mornings when it is wet and/or cold.
I didn't have the problem in the summer but seem to remember it was like this last winter (but not so bad).
It has a hydraulic clutch and the biting point is approximately 70% of the way up on the clutch pedal. This has not changed since I bought the car 3.5 years ago with 13000 miles on the clock.
The car is mainly used for short journeys (I work 2 miles from home). However I do consider myself to be very 'clutch sympathetic'.

Several questions please:-

What do you think the problem may be?
Is it worth worrying about?
If the worst comes to the worst, and it needs a new clutch, will it be a big job? - I have read some alarming reports regarding new clutches on Mondeos / Vectras in previous threads regarding what is involved and the time / cost.
(If it makes any difference I am keeping the car for about another 18-24 months).

I will be extremlely grateful for any suggestions.

Many thanks,
Jason
Re: Clutch judder - Paul
You might have already given us the answer- you're clutch sympathetic.
Try giving it a bit of a 'burn'. Let's face it. If you are thinking of replacing the clutch, you've nothing to lose.