Shocking Reading - Adam {P}
Mods, this is a strange post so I can understand if you want to delete it but here goes.

One of my more....boy-racerish mates emailed me a link to a Boy Racer forum post and said he couldn't believe it. I checked it out for myself and to be honest am disgusted.

The long and short of it is, someone posted on how his mate had been sent to prison for 2 years after driving whilst banned and hitting, thus killing someone in a car not even registered to him. The poster was asking if there was any chance of his mate "getting off" and more shocking, information about driving again and how he could get around the 5 year ban.

That to me is...disgusting to be perfectly honest. I don't know if it's me being overly sensitive but he drove a car not belonging to him so presumably not insured, killed someone and wants to get behind the wheel as soon as possible?

Utterly shocking.

Sorry for the pretensious post; I just thought I'd share it all with you.

Adam
Shocking Reading - BazzaBear {P}
And after someone complaining in the 'bodykit' thread that we were being hard on people just because they liked different things than us - THIS is the sort of thing that makes me hate the boy-racer culture.
And yes, I know that the majority of boy racers would also find this disgusting, but this is just an extreme of an attitude which exists within that social group.
Shocking Reading - wrinx
On the rare occassionas I've stumbled across one of these boy racer sites I've been horrified by both the quality and content of posts....perhaps I'm getting old!!

The subject mentioned above will probably end up being turned into a joke on the site, or lots of sympathy given for the perp, there also may be one nearly sane voice who says something to the effect of "hope you get what you deserve" and that brave individual will be lampooned by the rest of the site.... :O

If you want to stir up trouble, post a link to the thread... not that I'm recommending this course of action you understand :)

wrinx
If anyone did happen to want to read the thread then if allowed, I will post the link but I understand that it may not be allowed.

Incidentally, my first post not only was pretensious, but also pretentious*

Many Thanks
Adam
Shocking Reading - No Do$h
Adam, you can post the link details without the h t t p : / / so that it has to be cut and paste into the browser rather than being a direct link.

I would hazard a guess that some of the language used by these wannabe adults is, well, adult in nature. I would ask that anyone viewing the site Adam is referring to heeds this and makes their own decision on whether this will cause them offence or not rather than viewing it anyway and then complaining.

Cheers,

No Dosh - Backroom Moderator
mailto:moderators@honestjohn.co.uk
Thanks Alan,
I\'m a little embarrassed because the person in question wasn\'t banned - I\'ve read the email my friend sent me too quickly. He still killed someone though.

forum.maxpower.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=27666

The post in question has no bad language in but I can\'t vouch for other threads.

By the way, the thread appears to be locked so I\'m guessing you can\'t reply.

Many thanks
Adam
Shocking Reading - No Do$h
If you want to view the above, simply cut and paste into your browser. No "WWW" required.

No Dosh - Backroom Moderator
mailto:moderators@honestjohn.co.uk