Oil change tools, New Mercedes C Type - Julian Lindley
I always keep my cars a long time, and I change my 11 year old 180K Cavalier's oil every 5 -6000 miles. My 11 month old C type 200 K's on board generated service intervals however, are apparently happy to take the car to 10K miles or more between the service intervals that I am obliged to follow to maintain the cars 3 year warranty. I would very much like to source the tool to remove the oil filter cartridge in order to change the oil myself and impose intermediate changes of approx 5K mile intervals. If anyone has a contact address for locating a tool I would very much appreciate hearing from them.

Interestingly, I discovered the local agent evacuates the oil via the dipstick hole and then uses a flushing oil briefly before evacuating again the same way and refilling with semi synthetic. Are there any "Home" systems allowing me to evacuate the oil in a similar way? acessing the sump drain plug means removal of the cars undertray otherwise.

Thanks,

Julian
Re: Oil change tools, New Mercedes C Type - Stuart B
Hello Julian,

discussed earlier in a couple of threads, do a search on "liquivac", remember to alter the search criteria to all dates as it was quite some time ago.

you will most likely find the kit you want at a marine chandlers as this extraction through the dipstick is the only sensible method for inboard boat engines.

There is a contingent who swear by the old way, remove the drain plug, oil up the sleeve, mop up spillage off driveway. Its like medicine, if it doesn't taste nasty can't be doing you any good can it!

don't know enough about MB to be any help on the oil filter cartridge unless of course a normal chain wrench would do the trick.

regds,
S
Re: Oil change tools, New Mercedes C Type - Julian Lindley
Stuart,

Your prompt reply on the above much appreciated. It is the first time I have used this facility - thanks

I asked the MB mechanic who recently gave the car its first service to show me the tool that he used to remove the filter body. Its a large aluminium die casting of about 100 mm OD. I noticed that Matador was stamped in one corner of its head, and remembering Matador as German tool company from the 60's and 70's looked them up on the net and found a web site for them - with English titles as an option aswell. Iv'e written an E mail to them asking for details.

I never see Matador as a brand in the UK these days - wonder why?

Thanks again Julian
Re: Oil change tools, New Mercedes C Type - ROBIN
Peugeot dealer told my chum that he always removed the oil via plug as it got the lumps of metal out.
So when we came to remove the tray next day there were all the little bolts in virgin condition with an undisturbed even coating of grime all over the undertray.
I even had to drill one of them!
Never been off in their life,more fables from your friendly local franchised Aesop.
Bearing in mind that we now have 100% filtration why DO we not just suck the lot out anyway?
I mean,these are not Morris 8 s with no filter at all,are they?
My last and biggest mower even had full flow filtration.