A 4x4 Is Born - Dynamic Dave

That lucky git (with the best job in the world) Mark Evans continues his \"born\" series on the satellite TV channel Discovery Home & Leisure this Tuesday (20th July) from 9pm through to 10:30pm over the next 5 weeks or so. This time he transforms an old rust-bucket Range Rover into the ultimate bolder-crawling beauty! Well that\'s what the website says - although to me the pictures on the website look more like a Land Rover than a Range Rover.

www.i2itelevision.com/4x4

All 4x4 haters are banned from posting in this thread, as well as also being banned from watching the show. Surely you have some trees you can go and hug instead?

A 4x4 Is Born - AR-CoolC
Your right Dave, he realy is a lucky git.

Just a shame I don't have Discovery H&L any more, does anyone know if It'll be repeated on terestrial TV?

Mind you there will probably be some important soap that needs to be seen by the Mrs.
A 4x4 Is Born - Sofa Spud
I just looked at the link with its pics of Land Rovers, a grey Series 3 SWB and a couple of series 1's. The pic of the black rolling chassis with beige seats is a Range Rover though.

A lot of hybrids get built, typically using a Range Rover chassis, cut down to a suitable length and fitted with mountings to carry an ordinary Land Rover body or a home made approximation of one. Some of these hybrids are well engineered, others less so!

Cheers, Sofa Spud

A 4x4 Is Born - Sofa Spud
Are 4x4 enthusiasts and tree huggers mutually exclusive? I had no problem with belonging to the Ramblers Association, the Woodland Trust, Sustrans AND the local Land Rover club (to which I don't belong at present but might join again sometime).

I take the view that the irresponsible 'sporting' fringe of greenlaners make these byways just as impassable to most other 4x4's just as to anyone else.

Cheers, Sofa Spud
A 4x4 Is Born - just a bloke
yes he is a lucky pink fluffy dice really....

come a long way for a bloke who used to make a living stcking his hand up cows backsides

:D
A 4x4 Is Born - autumnboy
I agree with everything that is said about Mark and his shows, especially the new 4x4 Rebuild.

But one thing wished he or the producers would do, is come down to earth. Since when do you or anybody use brand new parts for every part during a rebuild. We try to use the existing parts if they are in good nick, we clean and rebuild.

If you watched the Cobra series, it started with a clapped out Sierra takeing all the parts off they wanted, then used new parts to build the Cobra.

But I still enjoy the shows, I've taped most of them.