Vauxhall Cavalier Temperature Gauge - jocky
I seem to be having probs with my mk3 cavalier,I\'ve changed thermostat,gauge sensor.fan switch and flushed the whole system through and my pump is definitly working,at the moment I.ve got no thermostst in and the car takes ages to heat up but when it does the gauge just goes right into the red....but my fan doesnt comeon.fan works fine you can check by pulling out the plug on the fan switch and joing the 2 wires.
The car is not overheating and the fuel gauge reads fine,Im demented trying to suss it out,going to try all the earth straps next.
Vauxhall Cavalier Temperature Gauge - Civic8
If the reason you changed the temp sender was because of this prob.would think it may either be the connection to it.or cable insulation at some point is broken and touches earth somewhere.I would advise the thermostat is put back in as you will be running rich for longer than need be.apart from that can only think temp sender faulty.? just a thought
--
Was mech1
nope problem was there b4 I changed the gauge,as I says its a new gauge,fan switch and thermostat and I flushed the radiator-----U dont think the radiator could be blocked somewhere still
If the rad was blocked it would overheat.point I made was because you mentioned thermostat removed.unless I read it wrong.
would still look at connections between guage and sender unit/faulty sender.?
--
Was mech1
Vauxhall Cavalier Temperature Gauge - Altea Ego
Check the engine to body earth, could be electricaly earthing back through the gauge
Vauxhall Cavalier Temperature Gauge - Stuartli
The earthing, somewhere, is the most likely cause.
Good point.Had forgotten about the earthing probs on these
--
Was mech1
OK I've now changed the radiator as well and all the earth straps and yes the gauge is still reading high,could the gauge be faulty,I mea how could I develop a fault in the wire that runs from the temp sender unit back to the gauge.....I.m really getting demented now ANY IDEAS ANYONE????????
Vauxhall Cavalier Temperature Gauge - big davey
What make sender unit did you fit? if it was an Intermotor thats a good bet its faulty. I will not fit intermotor sender units or switches, especially in Vauxhalls, too many false readings, pay a little extra and get a Vauxhall sender.
Big Davey,
no it was a quiten-hazel sensor but since then I've tried another 2 seperate ones from the scrappys so they cant all be giving me a false reading
whilst hot/warm.Try disconnecting the sender.leave the wire off ie hanging.just switch the ignition on ie without turning engine over.if the gauge stays at cold ie wont move all ok with cable.reconnect the temp sender.if it goes to red prob lies with the sender.
--
Was mech1
managed to solve the problem!!!!!!cheers
what was it.ie cause
--
Was mech1