Dental work - THe Growler
Collected a minor dent in my car last week so I decided to take it to the local repair station. They advertise we fix small dents while you wait, no repaint etc. Girl on reception yells out (in English)---

"Where's the dentist?" (sic)

Roused from slumbers (well it's a hot day), the "dentist" appears and I can't believe this, he uses a hammer and a piece of wood only slightly thicker than a pencil plus a wire thingy to get inside the door. he does it all by eye and by feel, and lo and behold you would never know you'd had a ding. Incredible.
I swear you can run your finger down the door and you'd never know.

Not sure if I'd want him doing my root canals, though..

Dental work - Garethj
I bet he didn't cost as much as the dentists do here....

Good to find someone who can do a good job though, well done

Gareth
Dental work - DL
Paintless dent repairs - a very impressive art indeed.

Only successful if the panelwork isn't 'stretched' too severely and the paint is unbroken.

I should imagine the motor trade use these guys a lot - we do!
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words.....
Dental work - hillman
I got the wrong impession here, I though Growler was referring to prospective work on a certain spotty young gent at the consulate.

I was very impressed with a dent removal chap who removed several very prominent dents on my Subaru. It wasn't the cheapest of do's, but it certainly preserved the value of the car when I traded it in.
Dental work - THe Growler
No Hillman, I've got a couple of extremely large Aussie scrum halves in waiting who will have a quiet word with the consular chappie...(TIC)

Yes the dent removal was impressive, it was about the size of a lemon in diameter and maybe 3/8" deep and it took about 40 mins of tapping and feeling with a very bright portable light held by an assistant. Converting local currency it was indeed expensive by local standards, about 19 pounds. But watching the guy do the job was an education. All done by eye. Never seen that before.
Dental work - GRowlette
LOL Big Stuff, at least you didn't need any fillings!

Sorry for that one!

Cathy/Growlette.