Ford Transit Mini-bus - scootch
I bought a new Transit Tourneo last October to use as a taxi.
I am starting to have some probs with it. For example, the Vehicle has been in because it keeps blowing fuses when the windscreen wipers are on intermittent. After the fourth visit with this problem the local dealers decided to fit a new wiper motor, as they couldn't figure out what was causing the problem.
Wiper motor fitted this week, hasn't cured the problem !!
I have written to Fords customer care centre and i am awaiting a reply. Every time the vehicle has to visit the local dealers it costs me money, next thing which needs replacing is DMF (the engine is rattling and the workshop team leader said "thats the DMF, needs to be off the road a full day")
Can anybody give me some tips on how to approach this problem, the bus has only done 48000 miles i dread to think whats coming next???
Ford Transit Mini-bus - Dynamic Dave

Substitute the fuse for a multimeter to measure the current drawn by the wiper motor. If a 5 amp fuse is fitted as standard and the current drawn is, say 7 amps, then fit a 10 amp fuse instead.***

I had to do a similar thing with a Citroen Berlingo van. After speaking to the Citroen dealer, they suggested this fix. They said the original 5 amp fuse *wasn't* man enough to cope when the wiper motor was under heavy load - especially when the blower fan (on the same fuse) was turned up to demist the windscreen as well.

***However, if the current drawn is excessively high, then there is obviously another fault and I wouldn't recommend upping the fuse rating in case it causes a fire.