Motoring legal protection - mak
My car insurance is due soon for renewal and just received their renewal quote. In the past I have always included Motoring Legal Protection as I was under the impression this assisted me if I was hit by an uninsured driver. I assume this provides an agreed limit of legal costs claiming against such persons.
I am now not so sure its worthwhile and would appreciate your thoughts. The cost is £16.99pa and seems reasonable for peace of mind but just seems another extra cost for something never used.
Your thoughts, please.
Many thanks,
Martin.
Motoring legal protection - Dartrader
I would advise you to take out the legal protection even more if you only have third party cover.

It can get you compensation if you are injured and compensation for your family should you be killed.

Hire charges for replacement vehicle while yours is in menders.

Repair costs if you do not have comprehensive insurance.

Compensation for damage to clothing, luggage and personal belongings.

It saved me six hundred pounds about two years ago when some muppet backed in to my car on the supermarket car park.

For the sake of £16.99 I think it's well worth it.

Dartrader.

Motoring legal protection - patently
I second that.

Well worth it. The hassle drops onto them not you.
Motoring legal protection - Cardew
Mark RBLS is the guru on this subject. They are worth it if they fight your case hard enough - some people I have known have been less than satisfied with their service.
Motoring legal protection - Civic8
As has been said....It costs me £20 a year.3 yrs ago a disabled woman on a motorised wheelchair crossed the road without looking from behind a parked car.to cut a long story short.I was blamed for the accident.DLP said I didnt stand a chance.on giving proof from garage as to damage to my car.ie rear o/s/passenger door.won the case.if hadnt been for DLP it would have cost me.(it did initialy)£150 but got it back.would keep it if I were you.also saved my NCD.PS woman wasnt injured.only wheel chair.
--
Was mech1