Seat arosa - Shaz {p}
I have seen a 03 model Arosa 1.0 mpi - accident damaged. It is recorded as cat D. I have priced up the repair costs and it will stand me at £3300-3500.

It has been in a light roll - but according to local bodyshop guy (who I took along with me) should repair ok. Will end up eeding a full respray though.
Car is showing 750 miles on the clock - has one key (are replacment keys are a problem - i.e. Renault master key?).
No mechanical damage - airbags ok. Is the face lift model. A quick look at the autotrader website, a similar one with 8000 miles on the clck on sale for £5k (albeit at a dealer).

The car has the log book and service book (only pre-inspection been carried out). - Looks like it may have been crashed either by dealer or 1st owner - been standing since.

The car does not start at the moment - is leaking petrol - from fuel pipe (looks like it has been disconnected to drain the fuel tank (well thats what the guy selling it said anyway...)

My main concerns are - will it be difficult to sell on. Chances of me making a bit of money out of it? I know this depends on the quality of the repair - but this should not be an issue - as I know the person who will repair it.

Is it worth taking it off the cat D register? I WILL discolse the fact that it has been repaired at sal time - but by removing it from the register - will it increase the value? I am thinking that the least it should do is make it easier to sell.
What do you people think?
Seat arosa - daveyK_UK
All the time I hear it?s a buyers market.

So let the buyer enquire if it?s been in a crash. Otherwise don?t tell him and make a packet.
Don?t forget some repairs are to very high standards. They are few and far between but good mechanics who take time can restore a car to near perfect.

{No need to shout!! Upper case typing amended. DD}
Seat arosa - Martin Wall
So - it's been crashed, needs about thousands of pounds worth of repairs (according to some bodyshop guy), is missing keys, won't start, leaks petrol and could have been sitting around in this state for about a year. Hmm. Sounds a great buy. Are you mad? Steer clear. Ask yourself why the seller isn't getting it fixed himself.....
Seat arosa - paulb {P}
Is the £3,500 for the repairs alone, or for the whole car and the repairs?

If the former, bear in mind that you can get a "proper" (for want of a better way of putting it) approved used Arosa 1.0 S on an '03 plate for £4,995. Personally, I'd fork out the extra, if only for the added peace of mind of knowing that I'm not driving a car that's been in a nasty accident, and has possibly been structurally weakened as a result.

If the idea is to do it up and sell it on at a profit, I should think you will have to disclose the "repaired" status; I would imagine that the buyer could, whether legally or otherwise, make a nuisance of themselves afterwards, if you don't tell them and they then find out. One of our resident legal experts will be able to offer more on this point.

I should imagine that you'll also have to think of plausible answers to questions such as "Why has an '03-reg car only done 750 miles?"

On the whole I'd second Martin's advice of "steer clear".
Seat arosa - malteser
Walk away & leave it to the bomb site traders!
Roger in Spain