Citroen Synergie radiator - Clanger
The radiator on my Synergie has failed after 110 k miles and 8 years. I've had to do a similar job on the BX and XM I owned before the Synergie but I just wanted to ask if any spanner-meisters out there have any hints or tips or pitfalls to pass on? The car has air-con.

TIA
Hawkeye
-----------------------------
Stranger in a strange land
Citroen Synergie radiator - Collos25
Extremely easy to change
Citroen Synergie radiator - Clanger
Well I can\'t agree with you there, Andy. The intercooler, condenser and radiator all clip together neatly off the car but getting the rad. out from under was a bit tricky when they were all in situ. Added to which I undid the 10mm bolt holding the air-con pipes by mistake after an interruption from my beloved. Got a face-full of chilly air-con juice and saturated overalls. (Cue raucous laughter).

Added to which the new Valeo rad. has a hole for a temp. sensor where the old one has none. Have rung round for any old pug or citroen temp senders but dead senders are consigned to the bin immediately it seems. One is eagerly awaited by post from the rad. supplier but first post round here arrives about 4 pm.

Added to which there is precious little room to refit the vile push-fit bottom hose connector. Who is responsible for this cachet of automotive misery, anyway? I\'d like to shake him warmly by the throat.

2.5 hours, not counting the lie-down and the half-gallon of ale needed to steady the nerves last night. But even with the air-con recharge I\'m still at half the price for the job from a Citroen garage.
Hawkeye
-----------------------------
Stranger in a strange land