most unlucky car ever? - jwmcd92
I've had my car for 2.5 months now, and its cursed! The first week i had it, it was broken into(its a vw... probably no suprise) and a tool kit was stolen, (the police caught the guy, he got one day detention!) a week after that it was clamped when my valid parking ticket fell out of the window.. cost me £75. 2 weeks later someone put a brick through the rear window... thats another £115. Then about 2 weeks ago some uninsured muppet drove into the side of my car, destroying 2 doors... £600 of damage. The damage left the locks nicly exposed for someone to break in again and steal the speakers and break the cd player trying to get it out... £300 of damage. So its cost me around £1100 for a car i bought for £700.
Someone must be able to beat that and make me feel a little better about my car...
most unlucky car ever? - CM
get a different car!
most unlucky car ever? - Stuartli
Or move to one of the islands off Scotland....:-)

Seriously, it must be heartbreaking to suffer such a sequence of setbacks.

Fortunately I've suffered only a minute amount of car crime over several decades and that's despite my last three cars all being VWs.
most unlucky car ever? - Kuang
Ouch, commiserations :(

However bad it gets though, keep reminding yourself that at least you don't own this little beastie..

www.ark666y.com/2.htm
most unlucky car ever? - Mapmaker
OK, so very unlucky. But you're running a banger, so run it like one.

1. Don't leave a tool kit in the car. £0.

2. Leave glove box open & rear parcel shelf off so nobody can see anything in the boot - no more breakins. £0.

3. 2 second hand doors £100.

4. Repaired, so no second break in. £0.

5. 2 new speakers £40 from Halfords; CD player £75.

Total, £235 - not that it's much consolation to you, bad luck!
most unlucky car ever? - Garethj
I believe that James Dean's Porsche Speedster was even worse - not only did it kill him, when the parts were sold off the cars that they were fitted to also suffered horrendous accidents.

Get rid of the devil in your car with a gallon of petrol and a box of matches (or a £15 ad in Autotrader) and move on.

On a similar subject, some cars do seem to want to "stay alive", my friend had a VW Beetle that despite being badly maintained and run on a shoostring budget, always got him home despite several epic 250 mile trips. At the same time, I had an MG which would need several hours of work and love spent on it before it would even move out of the garage onto the driveway.

This kind of thing must happen to lots of people - why do you think the "Herbie" and "Christine" movies were so popular? ;-)

Gareth