Shock, Horror - Clarkson liked the Astra - ajit
Just read the Sunday Times, Clarkson gave a thumbs up for the Astra, or is it because the Golf is not so much of an advance. At least, Ellesmere Port will not go the Luton way !
Shock, Horror - Clarkson liked the Astra - Altea Ego
Its only because he hates VW more than Vauxhall.
Shock, Horror - Clarkson liked the Astra - NowWheels
maybe he just likes being perverse :)
... and he concludes by saying

Sadly, though, you can?t have one because it would mean telling your friends and family that you?d bought a Vauxhall. Which is exactly the same as telling them that your whole life has been a failure
Shock, Horror - Clarkson liked the Astra - David Horn
I went to my local Vauxhall dealership on Thursday to test drive the diesel - they wouldn't let me. Well, actually, they kept me waiting 45 minutes and then told me I couldn't test drive it. Suspect it was because I was in a T-shirt and shorts. ;-)
Shock, Horror - Clarkson liked the Astra - Middle Earth
I went to my local Vauxhall dealership on Thursday to test
drive the diesel - they wouldn't let me. Well, actually,
they kept me waiting 45 minutes and then told me I
couldn't test drive it. Suspect it was because I was
in a T-shirt and shorts. ;-)

So exactly who are they trying to attract ? Do Vauxhall think they are an upmarket manufacturer ?
So exactly who are they trying to attract ? Do Vauxhall
think they are an upmarket manufacturer ?

no, the regulation dress code involves a shapeless tracksuit ... ;-)
Shock, Horror - Clarkson liked the Astra - Citroënian {P}
{quote NoWheels}
... and he concludes by saying

Sadly, though, you can?t have one because it would mean telling your friends and family that you?d bought a Vauxhall. Which is exactly the same as telling them that your whole life has been a failure
{/quote}

No he doesn't. I quote "This means that if you're after a family-size hatchback, you must buy second-best to keep up your self-esteem.

Doesn't that mean this is the best car but people will avoid it because of badge snobbery - much like Skodas?

--
Lee
MINI adventure in progress