Hyundai value - volvoman
Just had a quick look at the latest Drive the Deal prices for the Hyundai range and, as HJ says, they do seem very good. Having only recently looked at and test driven both the Trajet 2.0l gsi petrol and 2.0l td models, prices of £12-13k seem very very good. That's a hell of a lot of car for the money! Yes, the Trajet wasn't for me in the end but with a 5 year warranty there can't be a better large MPV budget buy can there?
Hyundai value - Happy Blue!
VM - what was the diesel Trajet like to drive. Mother-in-Law has the V6, but's its not very smooth and thirsty.

Espada III

Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Hyundai value - volvoman
Well Espada - I drove an automatic and it wasn't really my cup of tea at all. I don't think the engine and autobox were well suited and it all felt a bit like hard work. IIRC the fuel economy on the diesel Trajets is nothing to write home about and I actually preferred the 2.0l gsi petrol model. Didn't like the column change on the diesel or the handbrake which just felt very clumsy. I don't think you'd buy a Trajet for refinement but you really can't argue with the value so it's horses for courses like a lot of things.
Hyundai value - carl_a
Trajet prices are good value but some of the other "Drive the Deal" prices are not the best, the Getz 1.1GSI is £5999 OTR at my local dealer (nearly £400 more at Driver the Deal), so its always wise to shop around.
Hyundai value - Martin Wall
Chech the T&Cs of the Hyundai 5 year warranty and there are some significant exclusions - e.g. clutch only covered for 2 years, etc...
Hyundai value - Aprilia
Yes, I think 'friction lining' is only covered for a couple of years. But as I understand things it is a very comprehensive manufacturer-backed warranty and, for example, battery and exhaust are covered for 5 years. Not bad really.
Hyundai value - Martin Wall

"Parts subject to wear and tear by the nature of design or function are covered by the five year, unlimited mileage warranty for manufacture or material defect. However, these components are not covered for wear and tear, which is defined as deterioration occurring through usage, and no defect of a manufacture or material nature is evident. These components are marked with '*' on the list below.

The following are guides to the limited warranty coverage for manufacturing defect of consumable/service and wear and tear items:

*Clutch Disc 24 months/unlimited mileage
*Brake Friction Linings 24 months/unlimited mileage
V Belts 24 months/unlimited mileage
Air/Oil/Fuel Filter 24 months/unlimited mileage
Spark Plugs 24 months/unlimited mileage
*Wiper Blades 24 months/unlimited mileage
Bulbs 24 months/unlimited mileage
Batteries 24 months/unlimited mileage"

Hyundai value - Aprilia
OK, I was wrong about the battery, but that list of exclusions doesn't look too bad to me.
Hyundai value - volvoman
Don\'t feel too upset Aprilia - the Hyundai salesman I dealt with over my 4 visits to the Hyundai dealership made a point of telling us that even the battery and lightbulbs were guaranteed for 5 years. To be fair to the guy I believe this was due to ignorance of the product (he was new to Hyundai) than a desire to mislead.