VW Golf C/Locking - Old Git
The central locking on my VW Golf (92 on) packed up after a few "stutters" so I guessed that it was not the fuse, which proved to be so. I tried disconecting/reconecting power to the Hella vacuum pump but no joy. I guess that the motor is shot but don't know how to test it (or which wire is the power supply). (I haven't got a mate with a similar unit to swap it with!) Any tips?
VW Golf C/Locking - Civic8
I didnt get much of a reply to a polo prob of same nature.would suggest getting a multimeter.not expensive around £10 if the feed is ok would think the pump is U.S they are expensive around £100 to buy.if pump ok would think a pipe has a hole in it as I recall drivers door suffered this and is only noticed when no noise around.may be wrong it seems it is a common prob on VW`s
VW Golf C/Locking - Stuartli
My local library stocks the Haynes manuals so it might be worth a visit to one near you (main rather than branch library) and look it up first.

This may help as well:

www.clubgti.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=25277&ge...t

www.titanic.co.uk/FAQs/FAQ61_944DoorHandles.html

The 944 used Golf Mk2 door locks apparently.
VW Golf C/Locking - Old Git
Thanks: tried Haynes. All it does is tell you where the pump is located and how to disconnect it.

I have now replaced the pump from a scrapyard - £15 + VAT. All now working fine!
VW Golf C/Locking - Peter D
Ok the connector on the pump unit is an inline 1 pin connector remove same and locate pin 1 Red/White this is power in from fuse F21. Ground on pin 3 Brown. In addition pin 12 Black/Blue goes live via F14, better check that one is ok, when the ignition is on. Pin 4 should go live ( Use a car bulb with a couple of wires on it if no meter ) when the drivers door key is used. Open all locks then check that pins 4,9,5,11 are all the same state either ground or live ( need meter really ) then check pins 2,6 for being the same state as each other this is incase one of the actuator swithes has failed and fooling the system. Thses switches confrim the status of that loor and shut the pump down. Email me for copy of diagram. Regards Peter
VW Golf C/Locking - Peter D
I did not read your last post. ah well.