BMW 728i - Martin Devon
A trader who I know quite well has a customers Bob Marley for sale as above. W reg 42 k silver. Looks very tidy asking £14250, but has hinted at 13k and it is still there. I am thinking of making a silly offer and I mean silly. I think Glasses says 14k trade and something like 17.5k retail which I feel is ridiculous. Q.1 Is this engine man enough really to haul this barge? Q.2 Any known probs with the beast. Q.3 avoid altogether? We only cover 3-4 thousand miles per annum privately.

Regards as ever.
BMW 728i - Collos25
Yes the Engine is more than adequate,The price is in cuccoland.
V reg one owner mint fully loaded £6800 in a car lot in Bradford.
BMW 728i - patently
Yes, price is too high.

7s are lovely but the market for really old ones is quite small. This one only has a short while left before it is worth pennies.

I'd make a REALLY silly offer and then repeat it once a fortnight until he's desperate to move it.
BMW 728i - Aprilia
Engine is adequate, but make all the usual checks re. cooling system, electrics etc.
Although you only do a small mileage you will still need an annual service, which won't be cheap if done at dealers. Depreciation will also be quite high - they fall in value quickly.
The electronics are complex and any fault will mean taking to main dealer for diagnosis.

Price is way OTT - I would offer half the asking price!
BMW 728i - madf
Known problems
Check ALL electrics work: take 30 minutes. Any less means you have not tested them properly. Especially ALL A/C settings.. check each one as the electronics control distribution of air and just blowing cold air is NOT enough of a test.

Alloys . corrosion. Tyres ££££

Catalysts: huge bills to replace. Worth getting an MOT test done to get readings.

Rattles in supsension and brakes: check carefully. Bills to replace.

Check BMW service history with last garage - in case of fakes..

I would only buy if cheap.. who wants gas guzzlers at 83p per litre.. ? Opportunity to really screw all vendors of thirsty cars..Offer £5500 cash and walk away above £6,000

When you come to sell it, buyers will screw you too:-(

madf

BMW 728i - Mapmaker
Or look for an older one that's sold with fbmwsh & a recent service for only 1k or 2k. When it goes wrong horrrrrrrrrrrribly expensively, bin it!
BMW 728i - madf
Local to me advert
2000 BMW 728 STEPTRONIC AUTO, 2000,
W reg. Silver Green Metallic, full leather electric seats with memory, climate, cruise, Comms pack, sat nav, TV, Trafficmaster, GSM phone, on board computer, 18in alloys, BMW hi-fi, 6 disc CD, two owners, 90k miles, FBMWSH & warranty until Nov 2005, 35 mpg, stunning. £12,495.
HOPWELL HERITAGETel: (01332) 870000or (07779) 777321
Distance:

madf

BMW 728i - patently
bin it!

That's one huge waste paper basket you have there, MM.

You should meet up with NoWheels. Her bathroom is probably the only place you could keep it, IIRC.
BMW 728i - Mapmaker
My bin even has a website address. It's amazing what rubbish people get rid of there. it's called ebay.

BMW 728i - patently
Ah - the world wide wastebasket....
BMW 728i - Martin Devon
Dear, dear people. I am soooooooo glad I posted. Will talk more soon, hopefully when I have finished this blessed paperwork. (All self emp' will probably know what I mean.)

Huge Re£ards. M.
BMW 728i - NowWheels
You should meet up with NoWheels. Her bathroom is probably
the only place you could keep it, IIRC.

your memory is very slightly askew, patently. There might be space in my bathroom cabinet*, but there's definitely no room elsewhere in there ;-)

Just as well we're not in Paris, or the cabinet would be stuffed full of X5s ....

* big echoing cavern in there since my hot-water cylinder was removed to get a magical new presurised system
BMW 728i - patently
IRinC.

You've lost me re the X5s, sorry!
BMW 728i - No Do$h
IRinC.
You\'ve lost me re the X5s, sorry!

Ceck out the Paris thread. Proposal to ban Le 4x4 is sur le table.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=22931

No Dosh
Backroom Moderator
mailto:moderators@honestjohn.co.uk
BMW 728i - NowWheels
Ceck out the Paris thread. Proposal to ban Le 4x4 is sur le table.

Merci beaucoup, Monsieur SansArgent
BMW 728i - patently
Must remember not to take the 911 Carrera 4S into Paris then.

Think of all the damage it will do ... to French egos to see an elegant and beautiful car made in Germany and driven by an Englishman.

Obviously they should continue to legislate against cars unsuited to Parisien cobbles - only cars with suspension as soft as the average Peugot or Citroen should be allowed.

In fact, why not just ban any non-French car?
BMW 728i - Martin Devon
Apparently the owner has had an offer of 10k and he says he'd rather dig a hole and bury it. Seems he's just bought a flashy drop top Merc, don't ask me model numbers etc. and a leather seated focus for his Son to learn in! Don't need the dough seemingly. Ah! well. I'll make another offer in two weeks, but I don't hold out much hope. Never mind eh! There's others out there.

VBR............ M.
BMW 728i - Martin Wall
"Apparently the owner has had an offer of 10k..."

Well he would say that, wouldn't he.....!
BMW 728i - Aprilia
Apparently the owner has had an offer of 10k and he
says he'd rather dig a hole and bury it.

Yes, heard that one a few times. The other one is 'let it rot on the driveway'.