cavalier 1.8 cam belt - gasoil
Friend of mines cavalier snaped its cam belt today. Is this engine safe like the 1.6? or will it have bent valves etc?
cavalier 1.8 cam belt - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up)
May be lucky unless travelling at speed. Fit a new one, cross everything and with the plugs out gently turn it over 'feeling' for contact. If none pop the plugs in and see if it starts.
Good luck
Andrew

--
Simplicate and add lightness!!
cavalier 1.8 cam belt - SpamCan61 {P}
I discussed this topic with Mr. AA man when my 1.8 split a hose one morning, he reckoned the 1.8 was non interference, so should be OK.
cavalier 1.8 cam belt - snowy
Is the 1.6i Ecotec engine on the Vectra a "safe engine"?
I was thinking of having the cambelt changed at 60k, halfway between the 40k vauxhall now recommend and the 80k in the handbook. Nationwide will do a full kit for @£125 (with a 10% internet discount voucher)but if its just going to inconvience me rather than do a grands worth of damage I don't think I'll bother just yet.
cavalier 1.8 cam belt - Victorbox
I'm no expert, but the good old 1.8 Cavalier engine is an 8 valve design where as the Vectra is a 16 valve design so very probably is not a "safe engine".
cavalier 1.8 cam belt - Civic8
One of the reasons its advisable to have cambelt changed before man/rec time.is because engine runs whilst stuck in traffic jams idling at a junction and idling after start up.belt is flexing all the time engine running.it doesnt have to run up the miles to wear.