peugeot 106 power..... - wijcc
I have a Peugeot 106 XN 1.1i Grad. 1993, ocassionally when I change gears (usually when engage 1st gear) and (try to) accelarate there is a (lag)lack of power, the car does not want to accelerate (sort of flat spot) for a couple of seconds even though I got the accelerater fully depressed, this lasts for about 1-4 secs then the car responds as usual, accelerating.
Does anyone know what can be causing this?
peugeot 106 power..... - Peter D
Firstly remove carefully each HT lead in sequence and measure the resistance of each lead they should be about 1.5k ohms per foof. I think you will find you have one or two at 20k ohms. this is usually due to heat corrosion of the inserted centre core conductor at the plug end. It can be replaced with SS dress making pins but unless you are very useful I suggest new leads if the resistance is high. Regards Peter
sorry if this is a totally novice/newbie question how do I check the HT leads' resistance? with a resistance meter? would it cheaper to try putting a new set of HT leads on then buying a instrument to measure the resistance?
A set of leads are pretty expensive if that is not the problem so borrow a meter from a friend or invest £3.99 at Maplins. Regards Peter
Sorry to do this but.. is it is one of these?

www.maplin.co.uk/products/module.asp?CartID=040609...5

or

www.maplin.co.uk/products/module.asp?CartID=040609...8

These are the only two I got find that matched the price and the search word "resistance meter"

Thanks again :)

General Purpose Analogue Multimeter See Prices Below

View this product's FAQs

Bigger Picture

A manual ranging, general purpose analogue multimeter which includes the capability of measuring DC voltage, AC voltage, DC current and resistance and also has a battery checker facility. The meter has a zero adjust control along with a separate zero adjust control for resistance ranges. The meter comes complete with test leads which convienently coil around the meter for tidy storage.
Specifications:
Measurement Ranges
DC voltage: 10/50/250/500 (V)
AC voltage: 50/250/500 (V)
DC current: 25/250mA
Resistance: x10, x1000 (up to 2M Ohms)
Decibel: 4 to 56

Catalogue Page No: 874 Prices: (Spend £30 and carriage is FREE to the UK mainland)

Print FAQs Help
Options Code Quick Buy / Description Stock Price Inc VAT Pricing Information
Products 1+ Ex VAT 5 10 25 100 Qty
UZ82D BUY 1: Gen Purp Analog MM Due in 7 days 9.99 8.502 7.652 7.227 6.802 6.377

But as I said borrow one. Where do you live ??
I'm in London, unfortunately none of my friends or family members have one.
peugeot 106 power..... - dieselhead

Have you checked the plug condition/colour. I see flat spot problems quite often with old plugs when the electrode gap is set too narrow.
I have just ordered a ohmmemter, wasn't too expenisive about £5. Who do I check the resistance of theht leads? Do I remove the leads at the end they connected to the spark plugs while the car is switched off and connect the nodes/connectors from the ohmmeter to the exposed end of the ht leads?
Thanks again for all you help and more importantly patience guys :)
peugeot 106 power..... - mfarrow
You need to take off each end of the HT leads (from both sparking plugs and coil pack) and measure the resistance between each end.
sweet thanks guys, will give it a shot :)