Polo central locking prob - Civic8
Mate has a polo with hatch/boot central locking motor that will work ok when a (what looks like a vacuum pipe)is disconnected but wont with.anyone know what this pipe is and what it does.
Even dealer said they did not know and persuaded him to buy a new C/L motor.still the same.
it is an estate C/L control box has the vacuum pipe it seems now nobody knows the purpose of this pipe.it seems the central locking wont work at all.can only assume the master switch has gone wrong.any suggestions.apart from replace.I havent as yet looked at it.?
Here is the problem vacuum pump in boot was replaced as it was thought by VW to be faulty.I have checked the old one and found it to be ok.checked power supply to both front locks and has two of the three wires with a 12v feed they do work manualy but not electricaly and cannot find a Master Control Unit assuming it has one.vacuum pipes are fine with no crimps/breaks.any ideas as to why locks wont operate.Its an S reg polo estate and is costing him a fortune in repairs
Polo central locking prob - Dr Rubber
Are to door locks OK? My 2001MY polo estate central locking packed up when the drivers door lock broke.
Joe
I have power to all motors and even vacuum pump works ok.you may be right though drivers lock works ok manualy.do you know whether front passenger door lock is a master as well or just the drivers? seems a daft setup to me
Polo central locking prob - Dr Rubber
I don't know I'm afraid. All I know is that when the drivers door lock broke, you had to lock the car using the central locking button (and the passenger door open), then lock the passenger door. The passenger door lock would only open itself.
(I did not do this myself, the car was under warrenty, and only needed a replacement lock).
The symptoms seem different though, as when my lock went the key did not do anything.
One thing is confusing me, I thought the system was completely pneumatic (sp?) with no motors in the doors. The wiring should therefore only send a signal to the pump. You are right about it being a daft system as its slow, and whats wrong with motors!
Joe
Problem solved.pipe leak on drivers door.I wasnt aware at the time they were fully pneumatic.
you live and learn.thanks for your help