Xsara Troubles - TS
Got a good condition 99T Citroen Xsara Westcoast Coupe (2-dr) with the 1.4i petrol engine. Nice car to drive but sadly flawed when it comes to ownership. Just been serviced and the mechanics could hardly remove the spark-plugs without serious tools on them - and they are not even due for replacement yet (its only done 21000miles). The thing cuts out occasionally especially when under full throttle and usually when climbing a hill or overtaking! CD changer has occasional days off, and the airbag warning lights come on at random.

i hope this is not a typical Xsara! Sadly a friends has also been troublesome.
Re: Xsara Troubles - T lucas
Its a Citroen,euroshed,you cant expect it to be trouble free,you see Citroen Eurosheds have 'character'.
Xsara Troubles - David Lacey
Yes, the airbag warning light seems to be a common problem with Xsaras. The two (Diesels) we look after have had airbag lights on once or twice.
Apart from that, no problems.

David
Re: Xsara Troubles - Chris W
Yep, airbag probs, but garage sorted this, had new lock after 3 weeks as the car would lock and unlock it self then would lock at all. Annoying rattle from rear... two visits no joy, but i sorted with 3 cm of insulation tape around the hoop that the back seats click onto. Also currently had wobbly wheel syndrome, not balnce or track, had 4 wheel track £60 non warranty, to find back wheels out of spec by over 1mm, but not adjustable, therefore odd tyre wear for eva more, they say due to curbing! Didn't sort thumping from front drivers side suspension at speeds about 75mph! Great for 1 yr old with 15k!