Hummer - NorthernKev {P}
Saw one today at Sheffield train station. Surely THE most inappropriate car in Britain? Anyone know its fuel consumption, GPM? Looks rather mean though, don't think I'd like it to be behind me on motorways as it's massive and also its headlights appeared to be far too high.

Althougher amazed by the size of it, not a chance of parking in one bay...

Kev
Hummer - Aprilia
I've actually seen a few of these on my travels. Saw one in Oxford a few weeks back.
They'll be turning up outside the local primary school next (driven by 4'11" female with lone sprog in the back)!
Hummer - DavidHM
I saw one of these yesterday as well. Scary things, aren't they? I have to admit I didn't envy the driver, because of its size. While it looks imposing, it also looks as though it would attract all the usual 4×4/BMW derogatory comments, multiplied by about 100, and an absolute nightmare to drive.

Has anyone ever thought about a Unimog SUV?
Hummer - P 2501
anyone know its fuel consumption GPM?

1 highway, 0 city.
Hummer - BazzaBear {P}
You think a Hummer is bad? I saw a STRETCH Hummer a few months ago on the M60!
Hummer - Altea Ego
Had TWO stretch hummers up my road earlier this month. One black one white. Both hired by groups of school girls to go to the school prom. Made all the other stretch limos look like mini's. Each one conveyed 20 girls and each had a 800 watt disco going on.
Hummer - BazzaBear {P}
You've got a very wide, long road then?
They really are an incredible vehicle. All the most obnoxious points of the two most obnoxious cars available, the stretch limo and the Hummer. Quite breathtaking. :D
Hummer - Altea Ego
Long yes, wide? just enough, exept at the end where the road curves round the school, and the hummers couldnt turn without much too'ing and fro'ing. Some girls hired a fire engine (pah no class says Nicolle, no fireman on board) that made a much easier job of it.
Hummer - T Lucas
Fantastic vehicle,i want one,in Yellow preferably,might wait to get the pick up version.Good value in comparison to a Range Rover.Very over the top,but then so are Ferraris and Lambos etc.Thankfully the nanny state have not made such things illegal...yet.
Hummer - Vansboy

HJ showed a red one being for sale at Blackbushe auctions a while back.Wonder where it is now??

I'm with Mr Lucas here - especially in YELLOW!!If you want the pick up version, don't you fancy whatever that cool, big yellow Ford is,that keeps poping up in music videos?

Guess I'll make do with my Maestro van,'till I can decide on what to swap it in for!!

VB

Hummer - David Horn
They'd be fantastic for picking kids up from school...

Hummer - T Lucas
I wonder if Sainsburys and Tescos can be persuaded to have special wide parking spaces reserved for big 4x4s,makes sense to get them in,obviously big spenders.
Hummer - Altea Ego
They do, usually in Yellow, picture of a person on wheels. Every hummer driver knows "thats my space"
Hummer - bartycrouch
I wonder if Sainsburys and Tescos can be persuaded to have
special wide parking spaces reserved for big 4x4s,makes sense to get them in,obviously big spenders.

The money's gone on the bling, bling; none left for groceries.
Hummer - THe Growler
Yellow is the Hummer to have. Much favoured by the local heavy boys where I live.

One enterprising Filipino firm produces a replica Hummer body, but 2/3 the size, in fibreglass. The idea is you get an old Toyota and fit all the bits into the replica Hummer body. Crazy.
Hummer - J Bonington Jagworth
I like the idea of a poor man's Hummer - cheaper, more practical and a nice dig at the real ones. What's it called? No chance of it being a Bummer, I suppose...
Hummer - THe Growler
Actually JBJ I don't know. I'll out for one post the name.
Hummer - cockle {P}
Owner of a local gym in Southend has one which he parks outside the gym on the main road but the thing must be a good third wider than the parking bays so everything has to play chicanes to get round it. Just wondering how long before he starts getting tickets for parking outside the confines of the parking bay?
Hummer - tunacat
In the size wars, I can envisage 68 school-prommers clubbing together to hire a very long vehicle - with an upstairs deck!

Cheap too: only about 90p each and no pre-booking required - at the allotted time it just turns up, and you pay your contribution as you clamber in!

Hummer - Altea Ego
Or a red one that bends in the middle? They come with a real fire these days.
Hummer - patently
at the allotted time it just turns up,

Pardon?
Hummer - Altea Ego
Should read "at the alloted time THREE turn up"
Hummer - spinner
I saw one in the narrow streets of London....being driven by a worried looking man - probably trying to find a parking space.

Perhaps this is what inspired Ken's comments...
Hummer - trancer
Are you talking about the original Hummer as used by US military or the downsized, run of the mill H2?. I have yet to see a Hummer over here, but I see quite a few H2s about.
Hummer - spinner
What, the people-friendly Hummer ?

I don't know - it was very large.
Traffic and pedestrians were scattered from its path and people - including me were staring at this incongruous sight.
Hummer - smokie
I couldn't believe how many of these I saw in Florida earlier this year, and how much money people there must spend customising them.

Each to his own...
Hummer - pienmash
it seems you all have seen the h2 as trancer says coz ive seen and been and drove a military spec hummer(mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm)very nice and alot more bigger and wider than a h2,neway im off to tinker with my ickle pug405,when i was serving in the states awhile back i also asked about mpg and the sgt just laughed,never did find out but it does tell you as its got a onboard fuel computer in the dash that tells you how many miles you can travel with what you got in the TANKS lol,bit of a crap drive tho no to my liking as handbrake skids are not possible lol(only joking),p.s. im not a mech but a driver ,ill phone my buddies in a hour or 2 and post the mpg up.
Hummer - nick
School proms? Another step on the slippery slope to being an ersatz USA.
What's wrong with a school disco and laughing at chemistry teaches dancing?
Hummer - Welliesorter
Had TWO stretch hummers up my road earlier this month...hired by >> groups of school girls to
go to the school prom.

Irrelevant I know, but do they really have 'school proms' in this country? Has this American tradition really followed trick-or-treating across the Atlantic?

Hummer - Altea Ego
Yup fraid so.
Hummer - Altea Ego
MInd you - would be quite happy if one of these turned up as a school bus

www.ultimatelimousines.co.uk
Hummer - J Bonington Jagworth
Interesting, RF. Seems a bit light on technical specs, so assume it's still a lorry underneath...
Hummer - NowWheels
It's sad that some people are so rude about Hummers, and think they shouldn't be allowed or that their drivers are idiots.

Beware -- next thing, some loon in govt will be trying to stop people from driving through town in a main battle tank!
Hummer - jamesw
Stretch Hummer Limos are not bad compared to Hummers.

Why?

While most regular hummers and for that matter range rovers, porsche cayennes, vw touaregs etc. only have 1-2 occupants stretch hummer limousines usually have at least 20 passengers and run on lpg.

That causes a lot less polution and congestion than loads of diesel burning minicabs ferrying around pink fluffy dice women on their stag nights!!

www.booklimo.co.uk/limousine_stretch_limo_london.p...p
Hummer - NowWheels
That causes a lot less polution and congestion than loads of
diesel burning minicabs ferrying around pink fluffy dice women on their
stag nights!!

I know the world had chnaged since I was young: what with telephones and indoor loos you'd hardly recognise the place.

But I didn't know that the women had started doing stag nights. Do the boys now have hen nights?
Hummer - THe Growler
What I would really like in Manila is a full-dress HumVee with a missile launcher on top (US Forces Iraq surplus). That might get some respect :+)
Hummer - Bagpuss
One of my neighbours has an ex-US army HumVee, repainted orange. Sadly without the missile launcher.
Hummer - Phil G
Agree stretch H2s actually have a point to them (if a little gaudy). Check this link out for some H2 hating in action www.fuh2.com
Hummer - terryb
But I didn't know that the women had started doing stag
nights. Do the boys now have hen nights?

Only in Brighton!

--
Terry
Hummer - Millie Bebington

A lot of companies have begun offering in the last year chauffeur-driven limo broker limousine livery cars. Now you can book professional, luxurious London limousine or Hummer Limo Hire service in a Limo Broker! www.limobroker.co.uk/limo-hire-london

Hummer - Kuang
You're looking at about 10mpg if driven *very* carefully, and a 36 gallon tank to fill up if you want to make it to the next petrol station.. here's a cynical little site worth taking a peek at!

www.sierraclubplus.org/hummerdinger/index.html
Hummer - 520i

As trancer mentions upthread, most of the "Hummer" efforts we see over here are the H2 variant, which bears no resemblance to the proper article and is in fact based on a pretty average SUV of some sort, with a silly body bolted to it for extra 'Yank' effect. Sadly they're neither original nor particularly capable, and only serve a certain 'niche' market, shall we say!

Hummer - badbusdriver

"As trancer mentions upthread", and 14 years ago you mean?.

The H2 is surely a lot less 'niche' than a proper Hummer?. And as for capability, that depends on what you want it to be capable of doing. If you need to transport more than 4 occupants, have a usable and versatile load space, be less wide than a truck then the H2 knocks the original for 6, despite not actually being very good.