Delighted with my insurance quote - Andrew Hamilton
Last year I paid £190.99 for Comprehensive any driver over 25 protected no claims discount with legal cover included. This year it is £185.47 but with the addition of DAS Breakdown cover which includes Home start.
The insurance is from Fortis and sold through Budget who I originally tried on the internet despite their dreadful adverts!

Regretfully for those looking for a bargain I am over 50 and the car is a 1.3litre auto metro.......
Re: Delighted with my insurance quote - Miller
I have never made a single claim in eight years of driving yet my insurance goes up year after year. I might as well not bother being insured as I have not been stopped once by the police in this time and asked to produce my doc's etc.
etc.
Re: Delighted with my insurance quote - ladas are cool
a local back street insurance company will give you 2 days insurance, so you can get the car taxed, then you drive with no insurance but the car is taxed, i know its illegal but alot of people do this, but i dont, as knowing the rules of sods law, i would get stopped every day.
Re: No Insurance - Mark (Brazil)
> but i dont, as knowing the rules of
> sods law, i would get stopped every day.

Never mind being stopped, its worse than that. Let us assume you hit a moderately expensive car - lets say a 20 grand Merc and you trash it.

Of course you're going to be prosecuted, fined and get points, maybe even a ban - however you are also going to get sued for 20k. Think about what that will do to you !

Never mind what you might be doing to some other poor sod who's going to have an accident not his fault with someone who can't pay, and who doesn't have the money, even if he is sued.

And the only reason I exclude injury claims is because they will be able to get something from the MIB, although not what they would be able to extract from your hide if you were insured.

Deliberate/intentional driving without insurance should take people off the roads for a couple of years ban , or worse if they're caught.
Re: No Insurance - ladas are cool
the sort of people who get two days insurance probably havent registed the cars in their name.
Re: Delighted with my insurance quote - Bob H
Which area do you live in? Is it Garaged overnight?
Re: Delighted with my insurance quote - Andrew Hamilton
I live in low risk area near Colchester, Essex and yes the car is garaged. Why can you beat the rate?