peugeot 306 HDI engine - jeffreyone
Hi, Anyone know what the two drain plugs are in the sump, one I presume is the drain for a std oil change. What is the other one for?? Has a manual been printed covering the HDI 90 engine..
Jeff.B.
peugeot 306 HDI engine - Dynamic Dave

This'll get moved across to Technical Matters later today. DD.
peugeot 306 HDI engine - Quinny100
Its for the oil level sensor that is fitted to some models that use the HDi engine. Where fitted, the odometer shows the oil level when the car is started.
Its for the oil level sensor that is fitted to some
models that use the HDi engine. Where fitted, the odometer
shows the oil level when the car is started.

>>
There is a oil level check dial on mine, is what looks like a drain plug the sensor, or to gain access to the sensor in the sump? Jeff.
peugeot 306 HDI engine - FP
As far as I know, there is no English language workshop manual available for the 306 HDi. I have been recommended to buy the equivalent Citroen HDi manual for the engine stuff and the 306 manual for everything else. However, if your French is up to it, there is the Revue Technique, obtainable in many of the larger French supermarkets, which I bought last summer. It is quite condensed - not as detailed as the Haynes series - but seems pretty useful. (The foreword does say that certain details which are obvious to a professional or competent DIY-er are not made explicit.) The ISBN is 2-7268-6391-4.
Ref: I have been recommended to buy the equivalent Citroen HDi manual for the engine stuff and the 306 manual for everything else.

Thanks Chris, I'll have a scute at it and post my findings.
Jeff.