Astra Misfiring?????? - redviper
Hi

My mum has a year o2 registered 1.6 Petrol Vauxhall Astra, the problem is that very occasionally, there is a slight misfire, it only really happens when moving up from second to third gear, it can happen at anytime (it doesn?t matter if the engine is cold or at normal operating temperature) and only happens occasionally.
We have taken it back to where we got the car from and they ?Plugged it in? but of course the car was behaving fine, and they could find no fault.

Anyone else had the same problem,?? Recently been serviced.

Ste

--
1983 (A) Vauxhall Astra 1.3L
1993 (K) Vauxhall Cavalier 2.0i GLS
1999 (T) Renault Laguna 1.6
Astra Misfiring?????? - Dynamic Dave
This sounds remarkably like the fault with my Dad's 02 registered Astra. Occasional misfire when you took your foot off the throttle and the re-applied it. No ECU light. No fault found when it was last serviced (Oct 2003) It had been doing this for over a year.

However, a couple of months ago the ECU light finally came on. Fault traced to a coil pack (although it didn't mention which one of the four) Garage reset the ECU light for it to come on again a couple of days later.

The cure: Garage replaced all the coil packs under warranty. When the garage took it for a test drive, the ECU light came on again, and fault was traced to a gas sensor - which they also replaced under warranty.

Car now is entirely different to drive.

Astra Misfiring?????? - kithmo
I had the same on my 2001 X-reg 1.6 16v Astra, dealer said it was normal and something to do with the then new 2001 lower emissions requirements. I was not happy with a misfiring car as being "normal" so I traded it in for a Ford Mondeo. It was my first and last Vauxhall.
Astra Misfiring?????? - redviper
Cheers guys, ill pass the information on, it hasnt happened for a while, dont know why, but if it happens again. then we will get it checked out, using the advice.

Ste

--
1983 (A) Vauxhall Astra 1.3L
1993 (K) Vauxhall Cavalier 2.0i GLS
1999 (T) Renault Laguna 1.6