Lexus Diesels - Dude - {P}
Lexus are developing a range of V6 & V8 diesels, - does anybody know when they are due for release in the U.K. market???
Lexus Diesels - No Do$h
no idea, but put my name down for a test drive of the isV6tdi when it arrives please :o)
Lexus Diesels - arnold2
As ever manufacturers release no information, for fear of putting buyers of their current models !

The IS200 will be replaced next year, and will come with a Diesel; in 2006 it will also be fitted in the GS300.

So if I was in the market for a IS200, I would wait !!
Lexus Diesels - peterb
Also, apparently the straight 6 will be replaced by a V6.

Boo hoo.
Thanks Arnold2 for your reply, as a matter of interest where did you source your info as I have been unable to trace anything via Google???

In an earlier report in Auto Express dated October 2002 it indicated that the engines could be ready by the back end of this year. It is the IS200 diesel in which I would definitely be interested.
Lexus Diesels - arnold2
www.fleetnewsnet.co.uk/newshome/home_fullarticle/?...3

"No diesels in range until 2006

Lexus will not feature diesel-engined models in its range until 2006. The Japanese luxury manufacturer has opted to develop its own range of diesel engines which will debut in future IS and RX ranges."

Lexus Diesels - peterb
.... in which case they need a 4 cyl petrol engine in the range.

Emissions from the IS200 are very high which will is hurting sales to company car drivers.
Lexus Diesels - T Lucas
Is there nothing sacred?Now a coal burning Lexus.
Lexus Diesels - NowWheels
Is there nothing sacred?Now a coal burning Lexus.

a minor heresy, surely, given that there are now two diesel Jaguars?
Lexus Diesels - T Lucas
You do expect coal burning Fords.
Lexus Diesels - from the horse's mouth - Chicken Madras
I got in touch with Lexus on this very subject recently:

"Thank you for your enquiry concerning low emission diesel / petrol engines for the Lexus IS200. At present we have limited information to give you. Lexus have been developing a new diesel engine from scratch because existing ones did not meet the Lexus requirements with regard to noise, vibration and other specifications. This development is nearly complete but the engines are not expected on the market before 2005. As yet I am unable to say which cars in the range will be included."

Lexus (Diesels?) Alternative Fuel - Chas{P}
www.sniffpetrol.com/issue038.html

Please look at 2nd article.

For people with an open mind, seeing as it's Friday etc
Lexus Diesels - arnold2
Interestingly, the D4D in the Avensis and Corolla is a Peugeot unit, whereas the 1.4L unit in the Yaris and the uprated unit in the facelifted Corolla is a 'proper' Toyota engine ...
Arnold2 - where on earth did you glean that information ??? Do you seriously reckon that Toyota, who are now the most profitable car manufacturer in the world (last year £8.31 billion profit), need to pawn their reputation for superb reliability by fitting Peugeot engines.!!!!!

Toyota`s aim is to capture 15% of the world auto market within the next decade and to achieve their objective need to continue to demonstrate that their in-house engineering & technology are second to none and they most certainly don`t need to outsource to any third party manufacturer.