GATSO camers? - James Bambury
The other day i noticed that a police car traveling at 50+ mph in a 30 zone with it's sierns and lights blaring didnt set off our local GATSO camera! Not even a flash!
Does this mean that the camera that they have installed is a dummy box or that the police have some way of turning off the camera as they race by? I would love to know!
Cheers, James.
Re: GATSO camers? - Stu
Ambulances regularly trigger our local cameras when on blue lights, have not noticed their crime prevention colleagues effect in the same circumstances yet.
Re: GATSO camers? - Simon
No I don't believe that the police cars can deactivate the cameras as they pass. Normally what happens (correct me if I am wrong) but when a police car is on the way to an incident and triggers a camera it is recorded on the log for that incident and thus when the tickets are being issued the ones that are for police vehicles are supposedly checked up on in the sense that they had a valid reason for exceeding the speed limit at the time they were caught. This I believe is how it works in theory anyway.
Re: GATSO camers? - Tomo
So, in the teeth of some who resented the presentations of another contributor, we DO live in a police state!
Re: GATSO camers? - Dan
Can't believe for a second that emergency vehicles if caught in a GATSO are cross checked with some activity log to see that they were going to a genuine emergency. Surely as soon as the reg is found to be an active police car the ticket is neatly filed over someones shoulder.

Dan
Re: GATSO cameras? - Andrew Smith
I think you'll find it's because only a proportion of Gatsos have a camera in them at one time. The camera/radar units are moved about. Your camera was probably empty at the time.