BP Diesel, rough running. Vauxhall Omega - GP
I\'ve a newish Omage 2.2 DTI that\'s had misfire below 2,000 rmp for the last 10,000 miles. The dealer has tried everything to cure it (new ECU, remove and flush fuel system etc) and I was on the point of getting rid of the car.

At the last visit they said avoid BP fuel, which as it happens I almost always use. Something about a high bio-diesel content and a known problem with Ford diesels. I was fairly sceptical as I thought diesel was diesel. Anyway, I\'ve just filled up with a tank of Shell and it\'s like a completely different car. The misfire is competely gone, it\'s quicker and a lot smoother - I can hardly believe it - I\'m almost beginning to enjoy driving it once again

Has anyone else out there has similar experiences with BP, Shell or other brand diesel. It\'s mostly BP round my way and I\'d be interested to hear anyone elses experiences. As I said, I thought diesel was diesel, but it would appear not.

BP Diesel, rough running. Vauxhall Omega - BobG
I run a megane 1.9dCi which seems to run better if I avoid BP. I get less knock and smoother running with Shell or Esso. I don't know the make up of each brand of fuel but there must be some significance in these findings. By the way my old Land Rover runs perfectly well on BP so perhaps it just does not like some modern engines.