Fast Fit Servicing - midlifecrisis
National Tyres are currently advertising oil and filter changes for £15 using semi-synthetic. Unfortunately we don't have one around here. Does anybody know any other chain that does a similar thing? (Too many phone calls involved to ring them all-at least that's my excuse).
Fast Fit Servicing - Smartdealer
Pretty much all of the larger branches of the "fast-fit" style garages do cheap oil changes. I used to think it was an excellent money saving idea until my last visit went badly wrong. I wont mention names but let's just say in the end it would have been far cheaper for me to find the most expensive main dealer and let them do it! Shame, because up until then I had no problems using them. I just think that some of these places have higher standards than others and sometimes you wont find out till it's too late! No real revelations, I know similar stories have appeared in these forums before.
Fast Fit Servicing - smokie
From my readings here, it would seem that paying top price for anything doesn't give you any greater guarantee of a better job being done.

Whn I use Kwik Fit for their cheap oil change I always go out and stand by them to watch them do it.
Fast Fit Servicing - Stuartli
I use National for such work on my VW 1.6 Bora.

On the first occasion, at the Ormskirk branch, I had the £15 coupon offer work i.e. oil filter and up to five litres of Duckhams semi-synthetic.

Both the manager and an experienced employee did the work and took half-an-hour to complete it in exemplary fashion; they even gave me nearly one litre of the oil for top up purposes as the Bora only holds four-and-a-half litres of oil.

A few weeks later my MOT was due. Unfortunately Ormskirk only has one ramp (it's a very narrow building from front to rear), so I used the National outlet at Chorley.

Again the MOT was undertaken correctly and in full accordance with the requirements. I asked the MOT registered mechanic if he would advise me of any or potential problems as he did the examination; fortunately the only one was that a rear tyre was very slightly damaged and an eye would have to be kept on its condition.

When payment time came the manager credited me for the half-price voucher for the MOT published in the national Press and even credited me with the Tesco ClubCard points after asking if I had one of these cards..:-)

Total cost of the MOT - just over £20. Cost of the day - much, much more as the better half had been let loose in the local shops and market day...:-(

Fast Fit Servicing - Stuartli
Two points I forgot. National's fully synthetic oil and oil filter change is now available at £25.

Secondly, even though I can buy motoring requirements through local motor factors, I cannot buy five litres of semi-synthetic oil and an oil filter for the price National charges and, even then, I would have to do the work myself and then get rid of the used oil.
Fast Fit Servicing - Quinny100
The Ormskirk branch of National Tyres do seem to be very good. My sister dropped her car in for a £15 oil change, and the fitter kindly pointed out that a clip was missing on one sides CV joint gaiter and there was some grease leaking out.

They didn't have one on the shelf, but they ordered one up and fitted it FOC a couple of days later, saving a potentially very costly repair.

Better service than I've ever had from the local Ford dealer, and they charge £55+VAT an hour for the privilege.